Chapter 21

"I have something to tell you Ethan..." I started off. I finally reached to Ethan's house after I found out the news on how I'm adopted and about my birth parents.

My mom told me some more about my birth mom, and she promised me that I would meet her really soon. I just hope that moment would happen.

I felt like I had to tell Ethan about all of this, cause I mean, he is my boyfriend. We've been together for a pretty long while, and I definitely know I can trust him with serious stuff like this.

Plus if I kept it from him, it might cause some drama between us, and I don't need to deal with that. Also, I don't think I could hold all of this back from him anyway.

I drove to Ethan's house after my mom talked to me about everything, and I was getting multiple text messages from him asking where I was. But I texted him back before I drove off that I was heading to his house.

"What is it?" he asked a bit eagerly and confused. "Wait, hold on... Are you breaking up with me?"

"No no Ethan! I'm not breaking up with you," I tried stopping him. I grabbed a hold of his hands with a smile, and his anxious face turned into a smile also.

"Then what is it? I've been trying to get a hold of you after school ended so we could hang out," he said with a comfortable smile.

"Well, here's where I get to the point," I told him. "And it's pretty serious and personal..."

"Oh, okay," he told me. "Let's head inside and talk." He took my hand, feelings those sparks, and he led me inside.

He even led me downstairs in his basement, where it was more silent so we could talk.

I bet he had some thoughts about what I wanted to tell him, and I'm hoping he knows it's not about him or our relationship.

We soon sat close together on the couch, and I let out a sigh. "So what's this about?" Ethan asked me, intertwining his fingers with mine. "Is it bad?"

"Well, kinda, I'm not sure," I told him. "Well the reason why I went home after school was to work on some homework I have for class."

I suddenly heard him gasp. "You? Heading home right after school to do some homework? That's a shocker Aubrey."

I started laughing, and he did also. "It's not that, it's cause of some paper I have to write about myself and I wanted to start it early. But anyways, when I tried finding some stuff about me, I ended up finding a bunch of adoption papers and other papers about me being given up..."

"Oh my gosh Bree..." Ethan said faintly. He looked so shocked, and I wouldn't blame him. "Is that true?"

"Yeah, my mom told me everything about it. I have two birth parents, and my birth dad died, but my birth mom is still alive," I explained.

I then started to begin explaining the whole story behind my entire life secret. By explaining my birth father dying, what my birth mom had given me up for, the situation with my current mom during that time being, and everything else.

He does deserve to know this part of my life. I wouldn't be able to hide it from him. I even began crying a little again from hearing it all over again, and Ethan wouldn't stop hugging me and kissing the top of my head.

Once I finally calmed down from my sobs, I finally finished this whole story.

"That's why my mom moved here, so she would tell me about all of this instead of me finding out about all of it," I added wiping a few more tears. "And then I would finally meet here, and that's what I'm planning on to do."