Chapter 41

It's been literally the worst couple days of my life since what Bradley pulled in the cafeteria about me. Basically everyone at this school turned their backs on me...

They've been constantly laughing at me and giving me rude comments and jokes about how I'm adopted. I really don't understand the maturity of people at this school, and I can tell it's not that great.

I've tried to stay strong through all of it, along with Grayson and Ethan helping me. It seems like it's kinda working, but not so much... I've been literally drowning myself in my tears for days because of it, along with the twins by my side.

They've always been by my side since this problem happened. They're trying to help me and find a way to fix all of it, but it seems like it's not getting that far...

But I really bet Bradley is loving this. I.l bet she's loving how I don't get most of the attention here anymore, since it's all taken from her. I seriously don't know what I did to deserve this... I really can't help that I'm adopted, and it's not a good thing to joke about it either.

Anyways, I tried making it to school today and to at least get through it. I didn't even wanna go to school anymore because it all felt to much to me. With my anxiety getting higher, it just gives me more breakdowns at the worst times, which even make people make jokes about.

But my mom, and even the twins, finally got me up for school. I wasn't really wearing anything great either, since I honestly have nothing in me anymore.

I rode with the twins to school today, and I could feel my heart start to be 10 times faster with every step I took. I even noticed Grayson looking even more worried for me, and he held my hand even tighter.

We slowly started making our way into the school, already hearing some laughs and comments about me from everyone. I tried to keep my tears in, since I can already feel it coming.

We started to walk down the hallway, until Ethan said he had to leave to go meet with a teacher to catch up on some work in the class. "I really don't wanna leave you Bree when you're like this..." he told me with worry in his eyes.

"It's okay Ethan, you can go," I assured him, trying to provide a smile. "I have Grayson, so we can handle it."

I noticed a small, sympathetic smile appear on his face, which caused me to do the same. I'm still happy that he at least cares for me during all of this.

He started to walk away from us up the stairway nearby, as Grayson and I started to walk more down the hallway. More and more people kept laughing, staring, and pointing towards me as the both of us walked hand in hand.

I could still feel my heart race with this kind of attention, and I can already feel my anxiety rise up once again. "It's okay, I'm right here," I heard Grayson whisper in my ear.

I gulped, trying to stay calm with his words. We kept on walking, until we were suddenly stopped by a small group of guys in our grade. I noticed that they were laughing, but they started to simmer down once the noticed us.

I even felt Grayson pull me closer, and I held onto him even tighter. "Look who it is," one of the guys said with a chuckle. "A Dolan twin and his adopted girlfriend."

Him and his friends began to laugh, and I felt Grayson become angry. As for me, I already began to feel the tears form behind my eyes. "Get the hell away from us," I heard Grayson spat.