Chapter 39

After a couple days, school started to get a bit more interesting. Grayson picked me up today for school, and we started walking into it hand in hand. The first thing that caught my eye was prom posters, and that really started to get me excited.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed excitedly. "Prom posters!"

I heard Grayson laugh right next to me, as he replied, "You're acting like you've never seen them before."

I laughed a little along with him, saying, "I know, but prom looks so exciting!"

"And how exciting will it be if you brought a date?" I heard him ask me. I looked over towards him seeing him smirk, which caused me to let out a few giggles.

"Are you asking me out to prom?" I asked him, feeling my heart start to beat fast. I've never really been to a dance with a date. I've always went to homecomings with Nina back home, since we were our own dates.

We were to weird and crazy to have our own dates, so we decided to go together as best friends since we made a perfect match. It always worked out that way for us.

But this is my first prom ever especially without Nina here, and going with a date seems even more exciting to me. Mostly since I'm actually dating a really perfect boy this time.

"If that's what it looks like," he said looking a little nervously. "I thought asking a girl out to prom would mean to give a whole big proposal."

"No!" I defended. "I don't need a big proposal from you. Asking me like out like what you just did seems perfect to me," I told him with a smile.

"I wouldn't really want a huge prom proposal anyway, since everyone makes a big deal about it. They always seem so extra," I added, and we both laughed.

But I did see him give his perfect smile, which still caused me to do the same back. "So I guess I can ask my lady to prom then?" he asked with a smirk once again, and even kissing the top of my hand.

I giggled at how he's acting, and replied with, "Of course!" I saw his lips curve into a smile, while mine became wider.

I then leaned up, pecking his lips for a few seconds. But I then pulled away thinking about something else about prom.

"What about Ethan?" I asked him feeling a little concerned about who he's bringing to prom.

"What about him?" he asked me. I sighed, but I ended up letting out a laugh cause he's not paying attention. But I still love him anyway.

"Prom. About prom. About who Ethan's taking to prom," I explained. "You weren't paying attention."

"Sorry babe, I was just thinking about how beautiful you'll look on the day of prom," he told me with a slight smile.

His words caused me to blush, and I tried to hide my smile since he always acts like this with me. "But you're asking who Ethan's taking?" he asked getting back to my question.

"Yeah," I told him.

"I don't know, take a guess," he said to me. I thought for a moment, thinking who it might be.

"He needs to take Nina!" I said. "Me and Nina planned on going to prom together since we were little. And her and Ethan would look so good together."

"You got that right," he laughed, and so did I, agreeing with him also. We then started talk more about prom, which was making me more excited for it every second.

We kept on talking about it, not even paying attention that we were still in school. It was until we had gotten stopped dead in our tracks, with us looking up to seeing you guess who.