forty-six

" Nialler, I'm taking you out to dinner soon."

Niall looks confused at Jace who was sitting on the couch opposite of him. Jace had Drew on his lap, but you could tell Drew was extremely uncomfortable being on Jace's lap. Drew is only 9 months, but he knows he hates Jace.

The only reason why Niall was confused because Jace hasn't taken Niall out on a date in a long while.

" You should've told me sooner. I don't know if the other father is free right now to watch DJ." Niall says.

" That's okay. DJ can come with us." Jace says. Jace makes Drew face him." You want to come with daddy and Uncle J on a date?"

" Jace, having Drew with us wouldn't be considered a date." Niall says. Jace looks at Niall.

" I mean, we could not bring DJ, but I want to bring him with." Jace says. Niall frowns.

" I guess we can bring him, then. Won't it feel weird though having a baby on a date?" Niall says.

" Not at all," Jace looks at Drew," Right DJ?"

Drew frowns and tears gathered in his eyes. Drew starts to let out screams and cries. Niall quickly stood up from he couch and walks over to Drew. Niall takes Drew out of Jace's arms and Drew shoves his face into Niall's neck. Niall tried his best to quiet Drew down. Jace hates when Drew cries and right now Niall needs a date night.

" What do you think is wrong with him?" Jace asks. Jace stands up so he's next to Niall. Niall looks at Jace.

" I'm not sure, Jace. He's probably just tired. It's been a long day for him." Niall says.

" Well, once you quiet him down, we should get going." Jace says. Niall smiles.

" Okay Jace." Niall says. Jace quickly pecks Niall's lips. Niall couldn't help but smile even more because Jace hasn't shown any affection in a while. Niall loves receiving affection from Jace.

Niall looks down at Drew to see he finally calmed down. Drew was looking up at Niall with tears in his eyes. Niall places a kiss on Drew's nose. Drew smiles at his father.

" Do you feel better bub?" Niall asks. Drew nods his head. Niall kisses his nose again. Niall looks at Jace.

" As long as I pack food and nappies for Drew, I think I'll be okay." Niall says.

" Do you have that set up already?" Jace asks. Niall shakes his head.

" No, I do not. I just have to grab some of Drew's food and place it in the nappy bag." Niall says. Jace pecks Niall's cheek.

" Don't worry, I got it." Jace says. He jogs to the kitchen. Niall looks down at his son confused.

" What's been with Jace recently?" Niall asks his son, thinking Drew will respond back. Drew frowns because he hates Jace.

But Niall is happy because Jace is showing lots of affection. But Niall had a little thought in the back of his mind: he's going to want something out of this, you know. Don't get too comfortable.

And with that, Jace comes back with Drew's nappy bag slung over his shoulder. Jace stands next to Niall and looks down at his boyfriend.