fifty-four

" Da!" Drew exclaims.

Niall shoots his eyes open from a deep sleep. Niall had to look around the room because he didn't know what was going on or where he was. He noticed he was in his and Liam's room with his 16 month old son and boyfriend looking at him on the bed.

" What's going on?" Niall asks.

" It's time to wake up because DJ, what day is it?" Liam says to Drew.

" Da da!" Drew exclaims throwing his hands in the air.

" Yes, it is daddy's day. It's daddy's birthday." Liam says. Niall smiles.

" You didn't have to wake me up, I could've woken up on my own." Niall says sitting up in the bed.

" Yeah, but it's already ten o'clock and the birthday boy gets everything special." Liam says. Niall shakes his head.

" You don't have to do this." Niall says.

" But I want to do it." Liam says. Niall pulls Drew onto his lap.

" So, how is the day going to go like?" Niall asks.

" Well first, I made you breakfast, so we're gonna go eat that. Then your mum should be coming over soon. And we'll spend a couple hours with your mum and then go out to dinner with her, Harry, and Louis. Sound good?" Liam explains.

" Sounds good to me." Niall says. Niall looks at Drew on his lap," Let's go get food for your wittle tummy." Drew let out laughs as Niall tickled his stomach.

Liam picks up Drew and places him on the ground. Liam stands himself up and sticks his hand out for Niall. Niall grabs Liam's hand and Liam helps Niall out of the bed. The two keep their hands together as they walked out of the room following their son. They walk down the steps and into the kitchen. Niall sees a big breakfast laid out on the kitchen table. Niall turns to Liam.

" Li, you didn't have to make all this." Niall says.

" But see, I wanted to." Liam says," Now let's eat."

" Pa!" Drew exclaims trying to jump on Liam. Liam picks him up and places him on his hip.

" Yes, I know you're hungry. But let daddy pick what he wants first and then we can eat." Liam says. Niall looks at Liam with disapproval.

" Li, let him pick out his food too." Niall says.

" You're the birthday boy. You get first dibs." Liam says.

" But I don't want Drew waiting. He can pick out food with me." Niall says. Niall looks at Drew," Come on Drew, lets get you something to eat."

Niall takes Drew out of Liam's arms and places him on his hip. Niall walks to the kitchen table and he could feel his mouth already drooling. Everything looked so good and Niall knew he was gonna eat everything. Niall looks at Drew on his hip.

" What looks good to you bub?" Niall asks.

" Pan!" Drew says pointing to the stack of pancakes. Niall smiles and nods at Drew.

" I agree DJ." Niall says. Niall looks back at Liam," Li, can you grab a plate and put a pancake on it for Drew?"

" Of course I can." Liam says. Liam walks over to the three plates sitting out and grabs Drew's child plate and places a pancake on it. Niall looks at Drew.

" What else do you want bub? How about some fruit?" Niall asks pointing to the various fruits laid out.

" Berry!" Drew says.

" Which ones?" Niall asks.

" Bue!" Drew says pointing to the blueberries.

" How about we stick with strawberries and bananas, okay bub?" Niall asks. Drew frowns and nods his head. Niall kisses his cheek.