Soulmate AU (Barry Allen x Reader)

Requested by @_gtfobea
I'm doing the others

_____

Barry anxiously glanced down on his wrist, nervous and excited at the same time.

He's been waiting for this moment his whole life.

For him to get over Iris.

For him to find someone.

For him to love.

And feel loved.

Barry tapped his fingers against his bouncing knee. He was in STAR labs, sitting on the chair across the computer, his thoughts racing in his mind.

Caitlyn and Cisco knew but didn't say anything as they worked on the next case of the meta human.

Cisco finally looked up, "Will you stop?" He teased, "Just calm down."

"It's nothing to worry about, Barry." Caitlyn added. "Just calm down and let fate do its work."

Barry glanced at his wrist again. "I know... I just can't wait." He said, sighing happily.

"We know." They said, rolling their eyes, smiling. "You told us at least 50 times today." Cisco said.

Dr. Wells rolled in, sending Barry a smile. "I see you're excited."

"Oh man, I can't believe it's actually happening." Barry said, practically squealing.

"Chill." Cisco chuckled. "At least you're meeting yours early, I'm meeting mines next year."

"Do you think she's going care if I'm the Flash?" Barry frowned, he spared one more look at his wrist.

00:04:56

"Definitely." Caitlyn answered.

"Anyway, I have a good friend of mine who's visiting later today." Dr. Wells said. "She's going to arrive soon, her flight was delayed."

"Finally, I won't be the only girl." Caitlyn sighed.

"Yay! A new member!" Cisco said, "Do you think she's Barry's soulmate?"

"I doubt it," Dr. Wells said, "She's going to arrive in a hour while, Barry is going to meet his in a few minutes."

Barry droned out their conversation, trying to not stare at his wrist.

Then, the familiar buzz told them they had a guest.

They all sent each other looks on confusion.

"It's a girl." Cisco said, frowning.

On the screen was a girl wearing a black hoodie and crisp blue jeans paired with black converse. Her h/c hair was tied in a messy bun, while carrying a black suitcase.

"It's Y/N." Dr. Wells said, smiling. "Come, we have to greet our guest."

"I thought she would be here in a hour?" Caitlyn frowned.

The door opened as the crew walked out to greet the new teammate.

The girl looked at Dr. Wells first, smiling.

She was pretty with simple clothes and looks, casually and effortlessly pretty.

"Hey, Wells." She greeted, shaking his hand. "Sorry, I didn't call you, my flight wasn't that delayed as I thought and my phone died on the plane." She apologized.

When she looked up to the rest of the crew, she met Barry's green eyes.

Barry felt his world stop for a split second as his heart and brain ran crazy with him trying to form words.

He was speechless.

They told him what it would feel like, like your world stopping, like everything falling in place, like a addicting drug everyone was excited for.

He was overwhelmed by everything about her. Her e/c eyes shone as her pink lips fell open in surprise. He was right. She was casually and effortlessly beautiful.

This was new drug everyone would have at one point of their life.

Barry loved everything about it.

"So... Erm... Congrats?" Cisco said, watching them.

"H-Hi—I mean, no I—" Barry stuttered, "Hi, I'm Barry—The Flash—wait—"

She giggled, "I know, Wells told me." She smiled, sending a wave if butterflies into his stomach. "I'm Y/N."

Her hand was out, offering him a handshake as she continued to smile, turning his mind blank of what to say.

Barry just shook her hand, smiling like a idiot.

His stomach dropped down to his stomach as their skin met. (I'm not going to fix this typo because it's actually hilarious)

This is the new drug everyone loved. This was the perfect fit everyone has.

Barry felt a feeling of dread and happiness, knowing that she would be the death of him. They had only met for a few minutes, and Barry already knew that she would make him to do things that he would never do.

He loved this feeling.

Whatever it was.