Heartbreaker (Tony Stark x Reader)

Tony stared at the frozen picture on his phone, lost in time. They looked so happy.

He knew by staying with her, he could never get what he wanted. She would never say yes. She would always leave.

"No strings," She warned. "I'm not looking for a relationship."

And Tony was fine with that. He was used to it. Tear stained cheeks, broken sobs as his cold eyes telling the endless number of girls to leave. He was so good at it, he almost forgot what it felt like to love.

Until she showed him just how good she was too.

Her touch was ice, cooling his hot skin as the ghost of her lips grazed over his skin, sending him goosebumps. And when her minty breath escaped her perfect lips, he shivered every time.

She was so addicting, she was so entrancing, she was a goddess disguised as a mortal.

He fell.

He fell hard.

It hurt so bad. Especially when he saw the fall coming from a mile away. He knew, of course, but it didn't make the fall hurt less.

This time, he was the one with the tear stained cheeks and broken sobs. And this time, it was her cold eyes.

He could see pity as she said sorry.

"This isn't going anywhere," She told him again when she came over. "Remember that."

Oh, Tony remembered. That haunted him whenever she disappeared in the mornings. It pained his heart.

Their long talks, their silent nights, and their warm reassuring cuddles that almost made Tony believed that they could last. But it was her words every night that brought him back to reality, telling him that this wasn't real. That she didn't feel the same. Everything was fake.

Every time she warned him that, it made him fall harder. It was killing him with small pokes to his heart, sinking in the cool needle.

He always wanted what he could never have.

But every time their lips touched, he almost beloved that they were could.

Tony just wanted it so bad, and not he finally realized what he had been doing for the past years, breaking hearts when he finally got broke his own.

In his own game.

Tony could see his fall, he wanted to prepare but he knew no matter how much alcohol he stored, it would never ease his pain.

"No feelings," she told him. "Just touching."

It was all they did, cuddle, make out, talk, kiss, and talk.

It wasn't the sex that made him fall, it was their long talks after the sex. The sex was amazing but her graceful and elegant words pulled him deeper into the depths of her manipulation.

She just had a way.

A way of breaking his heart.

Especially when she found out.

She just left. Just a note that she wrote in her hasty handwriting that somehow looked graceful to him.

I'm sorry.

And then, Tony broke down.

All he wanted was her, even though she didn't want him.

It didn't matter that she felt nothing, it didn't matter that she didn't care, it didn't even matter when she reminded him that this wasn't real, all he wanted was to be in her presence.

Tony knew no matter how much it hurt, he would never hate her.

Because it was all his fault.

He let himself fall, he knew it too. It hurt so much, he tried taking Advil to calm his hurting heart. It felt like it was stabbed a billion times and dipped in water as he recalled their memories.

His tears could fill a ocean, his pain could last someone a century, his emotions could be fill ships.

But this ocean didn't have winds to return his love, instead the ships crashed from his waves of his soul slipping away.

And here he was, his emotions buried underneath the relatively calm sea.

But only at night, the waves crashed, flooding the villages of his sanity.

Especially when he saw her again.

With the same smile that he grew to adore.

With the same eyes that he loved so endearingly.

With the same words that he grew to be infatuated with,

And that's when he knew,

He was in love with the same heartbreaker that broke his heart.

Maybe he just wanted the feeling that he searched for again. Or maybe he just couldn't forget. Her words and her touch was burned into his brain as he chased after her all over again.

Chasing the same heartbreaker that broke his heart

It was sad, but he couldn't tear away.

It was everything he could ever wish to feel.

It was everything he promised not to do again.

Yet here he was, back at the same heartbreaker that broke his heart.