9. You will be even late for your own wedding

Marta POV 2006

I woke up early to get prepared for the second day on the summer camp. After getting dressed in jeans and a simple black tshirt I put my headphones on and started to sing my favorite songs while making myself up. I knew that my voice was not good but I really liked that routine because it always put me in a good mood.

After few minutes I grabbed my notebook and English manual and went to the door. When I opened the door I saw a pair of green eyes looking at me jokingly. Marco was standing in front of my room with his arms crossed on the chest leaning casually his back on the wall.

Umm....hi.... – I said hesitantly looking at him.

Good that you are out, I thought that we will be late for breakfast. Let's go. – he said amused putting hands into his pockets and starting to walk. I followed him trying to go as fast as he was taking long steps.

Why were you waiting? You know where the dinning hall is, right? – I asked.

Of course I do. But yesterday when we were all going back from our little escapade to the grounds you said that you are not good in directions. – he said shrugging his shoulders. – And by the way I like that song, but I think the original version is better. – he added winking at me. Oh gosh so that means he heard that, I thought feeling my cheek burning.

Next days were really fun. I enjoyed the course and the leisure time afterwards. We were having many sports competitions, games and extra activities. In the free time I spend the time with the merry group with whom me and Kaya have bounded on the first day. We were simply just laying on the grass making fun, exploring the city or participating in funny night escapades to the woods or the clubs organized by Marcel. It was impossible to get bored with him.

Each day Marco was waiting for me in front of my room and we were going together to the dining room, when usually the rest already awaited us because their rooms were closer. At first I felt strange when I saw him standing outside my room the next day, but after some time it became normal. He was nice and even despite being ironic sometimes I liked him. He was a good friend.

On Saturday we had a trip scheduled to London so we had to get up very early. Of course I was late as usually as I rushed out of my room repeating swearwords under my breath while closing the door. I turned out quickly and lost my balance after bumping into something. I was about to fall but a pair of arms grabbed me and as I looked up I saw Marco amused with this crooked grin of his face.

Marta, you should really plan better your mornings. I suppose that you will be even late for your own wedding. – he said laughing and helping me stand on the ground.

Maybe I should. – I answered adjusting my shirt. – What are you doing here? There is no breakfast today.

Of course there was breakfast but you overslept. It was earlier due to the trip to London. Come, now we run because they will not wait for us forever. – he said stretching out his hand to me and pointing at it with his head. I swallowed and grabbed it hesitangly and we started to run.

After two minutes, heavy breathing we entered the bus and our friends applauded jokingly.

Bravo! Here you are! We thought that you would miss the trip Sleeping Beauty – said Robin jokingly smiling at me.

I showed him my tongue and went to the back trying to find a place for myself because the one next to Kaya was already taken by him. I find two seats few rows behind them. I sat there and started to look out the window as the bus was starting to run. Suddenly I felt that the seat next to me was not empty any more. I turned my head and saw Marco rummaging in his backpack.

You are not sitting with Marcel? – I said unsure.

Nope. – he said not looking me taking out something of his backpack. – Here. – he said giving me a small package and smiling. – The journey is long and we will have no stops and probably you will be starving in an hour so I made you a sandwich. I saw that each day you have the same – cheese with tomato, so here you go.

I felt my jaw dropping to the ground. What was that?

Umm I hope it's ok, but if you don't want it I can eat that. – he said scratching his neck and did I see his cheeks blushing?

No no Marco, that's perfectly fine! – I said– Thank you! – I smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.