59. We have to talk

Marta POV

Ok, so Marco was really here. That thought made my heart jump from excitement but in the same time I was a little bit afraid of our encounter. Why was he here? Were there any more bad news for me – like for example he was getting married with Klara? Of course that should be that. I knew him and he was a total family man and that was a right thing to do. I shook my head feeling drops of cold water running down my spine. After talking with Robin I decided to win myself some time in sweet unconsciousness and I went to take a shower. But now I was probably here standing here for half an hour and knowing my overprotective brother he would call SWAT or another special forces to open the bathroom's door.

Marta, everything ok? – I heard his voice after few knocks. I just shook my head, turned of the water and walked off the shower. I dried myself, put underwear and wrapped myself in the towel.

Hey! Are you there? – my brother was persistent and knocked violently.

I took a deep breath and opened the door with a swing.

Gosh Alex, relax – I hissed going past him. Of course he was not alone and the rescue squad ready to force the doors was already there. Robin smiled at me compassionately and Forni mouthed silent "hi". Fortunately Marco was not there and knowing my brother he probably kicked him out. I nodded at boys and went to my room slamming the door. I closed my eyes and leaned my back against the wall. I took few deep breaths to calm myself but then I heard a voice that brought me goosebumps.

Hi – Marco whispered silently. The room was dim because the courtains were still shut. When my eyes accustomed themselves to the darkness I saw that he was sitting on the verge of my bed nervously rubbing his thighs with his hands. All I wanted to do was to run to him and feel the warmth of his skin on mine. But I needed to be careful, cause my heart would not endure being broken once more.

Hey – I whispered turning my gaze away from him. I was petrified, just standing in one place and not moving even a bit. The wall behind me was now my great friend. Seeing that I was not going to approach him Marco sighed and lifted himself up and after few careful steps he was in front of me. When I smelled his scent, that always comforted me I raised my head a little bit and looked into his eyes. His face was serious, in fact I have never before had seen his expression like that.

He blinked few times and with his left hand put a small strand of my hair behind my ear. His eyes were totally hypnotizing.

How are you? – He asked quietly. This simple question triggered an enormous wave of emotions that resulted in tears gathering in my eyes. I felt a tight knot in my throat.

Ok – it was the longest expression that I was able to construct in front of him. He shook his head in disbelief and ran his fingers through my bare arm. That made me realize that I was standing in front of him half naked. It wasn't the first time in fact it was one of many, but that time I was feeling uncomfortable. I felt that I need to regain my dignity and put on some clothes. A women running half naked through the streets of Rio after hearing from her ex that he is going to marry another girl. I imagined tomorrow's headlines in Brazilian newspapers. I took a step to the side and he made a puzzled face.

I need to dress myself – I explained and he nodded. I opened my closed and was about to take off the towel when I realized that he was staring at me – Do you mind? – I asked irritated.

I don't mind at all – he chuckled nervously what made me frown.

Marco please if you do not want to leave just turn around – I sighed.

He looked at me disappointed but did what he was asked. I took my time looking for some dress to wear. After putting on an oversized dark blue one I cleared my throat and he turned to me putting hands in his pockets.

So... you are here... - I started and he nodded. The tension in the room was unbearable, so to ease it a little bit I sat on the bed and patted the place next to me. He looked relieved a little bit.

I am – he sat next to me – We have to talk.

Ok, that were the words that froze the blood in my veins.

Marco, please let me be, don't break my heart again. Please... - I whispered feeling first tear running down my cheek. He grabbed my hand and lifted my chin with another.

Schatzi. Listen to me please – I could easily say that he was nervous – I would never break your heart. 

You did it once... - I said – and you mean so much to me that it would kill me.

I know, I was stupid back then. But now I wanted you to stay, you decided to go. – he said with sad eyes. –

You should be with your child – this discussion was exhausting for me, I felt like his hand laying on mine was burning my skin.

I should and I will, but with mine, and not with somebody else's – he said and I looked at him startled – Baby, the last night that we were together...

You stormed out of the apartment – I started angrily, but he stopped me putting a finger on my lips.

I did but I was back. I needed to check on something and I was back at your apartment after an hour, but you were already gone – he smiled sadly – Schatz I was looking for you everywhere. I was dying to hear even a single word from you, and when you called Łukasz and told him that you were here I decided to come for you, to bring you home.

Marco, I love you so much, but I can't go home. I will not be able to look at your happiness with someone else. I wish you all the best things in the world but I am not masochistic. – he smirked a little bit.

You are so stubborn sometimes you know? – he chuckled – You didn't get what I have already said? – he was visibly amused.

I shook my head irritated.

Marta, there is no child. Well there is, but it is not mine – he said smiling and I looked at him shocked. – I was suspecting that and Mario helped me find out about that. The night you called Łukasz our suspicions turned out to be true. Łukasz wanted to tell you about that, I wanted to do that as well...

So... - everything was spinning around me.

So, I came here to get you because I will not live any minute without you – he smiled at me timidly and looked at my lips. I returned the smile and I felt hiss sweet lips on mine. The kiss was very careful but it was all I needed at that time.

After few seconds I pulled myself from him.

When do you have your plane back? - I asked and he looked at me puzzled.

Today at 8PM - he answered hesitantly.

Good - I nodded and opened the door - Than you should go pack yourself.