30. Your dancing skills got better

Marco POV

Today was the day of the annual BVB Christmas Dinnner. Each year we were forced to put on our suits and arrive to one of the Dortmund's most luxurious location to party with the board, sponsors and most important partners. I was not very fond of that kind of parties but the good thing was that we could all meet as the team the last time before Christmas. And drink a little bit because there were no trainings scheduled after that. It was the beginning of our month long winter break. I couldn't wait because just after Christmas I was planning with a close group of friends to go to Madeira to celebrate the New Years Eve. The strange thing was that since two weeks Robin was somehow avoiding me, he seemed to be very irritaded. But that was probably the exhaustion of the excess of work. Christmas time was a very busy time for Pursuit. I hoped that he will relax during our short holidays and stop bitching around.

I have arrived to the venue by taxi. Of course Klara was accompanying me. She looked beautiful in a long red dress, her hair left in blond waves. There were many reporters outside of the place, but not paying attention to them I took her hand and we went inside.

The room was looking great, very elegant. There were round tables everywhere covered with white sheets. Dim, numerous lights enlightened the room, and at the end there was even a big Christmas tree. Watzke was greeting everybody at the entrance. I shook his hand and introduced Klara to him. He pointed us to the direction of our table.

We were seated with Auba and his fiancé, Erik who came alone and was gossiping with Andre, there was also Mario with Ann Kathrin and Łukasz with his wife. We were laughing while sipping wine. The room was slowly filling with other guests. I waved to other BVB players and some office workers from the club's office. I recognized some sponsors. There was a soft music playing in the background and I really enjoyed the atmosphere there.

I was talking through the table with Auba who was joking about making us brotherhood tattoos when I suddenly felt Mario's elbow in my ribs.

What the fuck Mario? – I hissed, but he just pointed me at the door with his head. I saw a group of people entering and shaking hands with Watzke. There was a middleaged guy holding his around a lady his age, probably his wife. I also saw Paul who was laughing about something with Warren. And behind them I saw Marta looking at her phone. She quickly locked the screen and put the phone to her clutch. She straightened her dress and looked curiously around herself saying something with the smile to the both colleagues accompanying her. She looked beautiful. She had a long black dress with a deep V-neck. The dress was really tight at the top and was falling slightly to the ground. Her hair was extremely wavy put on the one side. She had a vivid red lipstick and I couldn't take my eyes of her. Unfortunately I was not careful enough with my face expression so in a second everybody from my table looked exactly into her direction. Klara grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it painfully what make me look into her very annoyed eyes.

Marta! – I heard Ewa, Łukasz's wife exclaiming happy. She waved at Marta and she after saying something to Paul went to our table.

Two girls hugged sincerely and started talking in Polish all the time. Then Marta greeted Łukasz and kissed him on the cheek.

We met Marta through Lewa some time ago – Ewa explained – But I supposed that you all now each other? – she looked at us guys.

Of course we had a pleasure! Bon soir Marta! – said Auba – We all know each other. This is my fiancé Alysa, and this is Ann Kathrin, Mario's girlfriend.

Hi guys, Klara – said Marta smiling. Gosh she looked stunning with that smile – and nice to meet you Alysa and Ann – smiled at her widely.

You look great tonight – I heard Erik's voice – definitely different than in an oversized shirt on the set. – he grinned at her. I clenched my jaw.