3. You yourself shouldn't judge me

Next two days were quite uneventful. I was settling myself in my new position of Creative Director in the BERGS agency office in Dortmund. Many of the employees I knew from before from international meeting or working jointly on some projects, and thanks to that my landing there was not very hard. The team was not very big consisting only of twenty people but still there was a lot of work for me to get to know them and finally to improve the earnings of the agency. Due to the fact that we were working internationally the team was also multicultural and we were speaking in English and German at the same time.

Marta, do you have a moment? We are having now a meeting with one of our partners and we need your expertise – said Paul one of the managers – and also I think it would be good to introduce you as our new boss. – he added smiling.

I noded closing my laptop and went after him to the conference room. I smiled a little realizing that I really like this office. It used to be an old workshop, but now it was totally renovated and adjusted to the needs of a creative agency.

I've entered the room where besides Paul two other people were sitting. One was Betty our event manager and another one I didn't know. Quite handsome to be honest, nice eyes, dark complexion...stop stop stop! You're at work.

Marta, as I said we are now discussing new cooperation possibilities with our partner and we thought that it would be good for you to participate and get to know each other. Meet Marcel Ramsey from Cocaine Events. Marcel this is Marta Schulz, our new Creative Director. She came from our office from Warsaw to lead us and guide us and punish us... - Paul continued winking at me.

Marcel stood up and shook my hand.

Nice to meet you Marta. I hope you will not have to punish them frequently. – he said smiling slightly – And welcome home, I mean it is probably good to be back in Germany after working abroad?

Home is where the heart is – I said winking – But frankly speaking it's here where I'm abroad. I'm originally from Poland.

Sorry, just your surname is not very Polish. I didn't mean to offend you. – he said softly.

It takes more than that, so don't worry. But you yourself shouldn't judge me looking at yours, Mr. Ramsey? It's not the most German surname in the world. – I said jokingly.

Touche! – he smiled widely at me.

Good, than to business. – I said sitting on the empty chair and looking at my team to start talking.