62. And you kept it all of this time?

Marco POV

When I grabbed her wrist and said that she had to explain me some things the smile faded from her face. I was still a little bit angry at her, but I couldn't deny that seeing her here and experiencing the passion that we shared few minutes later softened my heart.

You are right – she nodded and went into direction of the stairs leading to my bedroom.

So, don't you think that we should do it now? – I asked a little bit irritated.

Of course I do – she chuckled embarrassed – but I will not talk with you about serious things without my pants.

She was right so I nodded, but I was still puzzled, why she was going upstairs.

Do not look at me like that. I've put my luggage in your guestroom – she said uncertain, probably waiting for some outburst of rage from my side, but it pleased me deeply in my heart that she felt in here at home.

While she took her time in the guest bathroom I decided to arrange myself as well. After a quick cold shower I put on some black tracksuit pants and a simple black t-shirt. I was still worried that she would leave me, so black was my color for today. With hesitant steps I went to the living room. She was already sitting there in navy pyjamas shorts and an oversized sweater. It definitely looked like she was not planning to run away again, not in this outfit. I took a deep breath.

Don't do anything stupid Marco – I mumbled to myself.

She raised her head and stopped examining her hands that she kneaded nervously on her lap. She smiled timidly when I sat next to her.

Ok, now is your time to talk – I encouraged her.

Marco, I am really sorry, but I didn't mean to show you the door.... – she started with shaky voice.

But you did, and that made me feel like shit after traveling half of the world to find you – I stated.

I did... but it was not what I intended. – Marta said – Please listen to me, and if you still doesn't like my explanation or doesn't forgive me I will understand. – I nodded.

She took a sip of water and cleared her throat.

Ok. It was probably the stupidest thing I ever made, but when you came to me and told me that there is no child and when you kissed me... I immediately thought that I will not live another day without you – she stuttered and looked down. That made me smirk as I felt my heart beating faster. But I was not going to interrupt her, maybe it was a little bit cruel, but I really wanted to hear the whole story.

And that is why I knew that I had no time to waste. I knew that if we started to make up... well.. – she blushed – I would not be able to arrange the way of going back to Dortmund as fast as I wanted to. – I must to admit that she was more than right.

So, that is why I said to you that you should pack – I saw a tear going down through her cheek – I know it sounded cruel, but I was afraid that my plan wouldn't work. I am so sorry, please forgive me. – she looked at me and I couldn't help but touch her cheek and clear her tear with my thumb. - I arranged with my agency that I could board a flight to Amsterdam at 4Pm and then I rented a car to come to Dortmund.

Marco, I wanted a new start. I love you so much, and I thought that we deserved to clear the air. Many bad things happened to us along the way, and I wanted to turn back the time a little. And that is why when you kissed me in my brother's apartment I had the craziest idea ever.... – she swallowed and stood up turning her back on me.

What...? – I wanted to ask but she started to take off her oversized sweater. When I saw what she was having underneath I couldn't believe. I was simply left speechless and I probably remained like that longer than she expected. She turned and looked at me nervously.

How come do you have it? – I asked shocked.

Well... You gave it to me while we were in England – she smiled shyly and I could not reply the smile. My girl was standing in front of me in my jersey from Ahlen.

And you kept it all of this time? – I asked.

Yes. It was my lucky charm. I whenever I was traveling for work I always had it with myself. – she said playing with the hem of it – When I saw you in Rio I thought that we deserve to forget about all of the bad things. That is why I wanted to be here before you, to be one waiting for you. You waited for me in Ahlen and I didn't come because of the accident, so here I am waiting for you, looking stupid in your old jersey asking you to love me...

I stood up and approached her.

Your mind goes in a very twisted way – I said putting my hands on her hips – I love you and I could never be angry at you for long. Especially seeing you in my jersey – she chuckled – But you have to promise me something, ok?

She nodded.

Well not something, but rather some things. – I brought her closer to me still looking in her eyes – Will you not run away ever again?

I promise I won't - she answered sincerely.

Will you come to all my home games or at least try to? – I asked.

I will do everything to come to as many games as possible– she whispered.

Good. Will you spend your free time with me? – I smiled.

I would love to – she smiled back.

Will you go on holidays with me? Will you kiss me? Will you make love to me? Will you cuddle with me while sleeping? Will you prepare me your delicious food from time to time? Will you laugh with me? Will you sometimes spend time with my idiot friends? Will you tell me the truth, even if it is the worst one, ok? – I said in one breath.

Yes, Marco – she smiled with the most sincere smile in the world. I saw sparkles in her eyes and that made my heart pound like crazy.

Ok. Now or never, I thought and took a deep breath.

Will you marry me? – I asked full of hope.