65. So I lost another one

Marta POV

Ok. So the situation was just ridiculous. I was sitting at the top of the stairs in Marco's house trying to hear even a slight part of the conversation that he was having in the kitchen with my father and my two brothers. First I was in the living room pretending to arrange my stuff and listening to them talking was a little bit easier, but of course my brothers know me well and after few minutes Tom went out of the kitchen showing me with his finger to go upstairs. He was not much of the talker today.

I looked at my phone to realize that they were in the kitchen for almost an hour. Well at least there was no screaming and no noises of battle were to be heard. But still crazy scenarios were running through my head when I was trying to imagine about what the hell they were talking about. I was sure that probably I was the main topic but I hoped that the men from my family didn't have the intentions to scare off Marco. I was really about to start banging my forehead on the wall when I suddenly heard a doorbell. I frowned trying to remind myself if we were expecting somebody, but nope, nothing came to my head. When the sound was repeated I stood up quickly and ran to the door. I didn't have any more brothers, only my cousins remained but I knew that the Schulz trio performing now in the kitchen would not invite them. So, whoever that was it was my saviour and the person who could interrupt the strange meeting in Marco's house.

I opened the door abruptly and looked straight into Mario's smiling face.

Hi! I hope I am not interrupting anything but I was in the neighbourhood and I thought that I would drop by - he said smiling.

Come in! - I answered smiling and when he closed the door I hugged him tightly.

I am happy to see you too - he chuckled - but I think that our prince charming wouldn't be so happy seeing that - he winked at me.

Sorry - I apologized embarassed - but you are my saviour. Or maybe not mine but Marco's.

Something is wrong? - Mario asked worried.

I hope not - I sighed - My dad and my brothers came by and they have been talking with Marco for more than an hour...

Oh - Mario raised his eyebrows - I see.

Yup, and I was wondering if you could go there and check if he still is alive or that he didn't run away - I said.

I am sure he is ok - he was visibly amused - but sure, I'll go - he nodded and I smiled at him thankfully.

He went to the kitchen. And that was all, cause even after half an hour he wasn't back.

Great - I mumbled - So I lost another one - I shook my head annoyed.

Marco POV

Seeing Marta's father and brothers was not definitely a thing that I was expecting. We have been sitting now around the counter in my kitchen and the silence was just unbearable. It was the first time when I saw Marta's father and Tom, the oldest of her brother. The resemblance in the family was striking. All of them had piercing blue eyes and dark hair. I also observed that were sighing with annoyance exactly in the same way Marta was doing that. My gaze rested on Tom for a little bit. Gosh that guy was enormous. He was a head taller than me and was looking at me frowning. I always thought that Marta was more similar to Alex - at least that was what I noticed seeing the three of them on the photos, but nope. She was definitely the pocket version of Tom.

So... Mr. Reus, right? - her father started taking a sip of his beer.

Call me Marco - I answered hesitantly trying to break the ice.

Thank you Marco - he nodded - As I could see you are meeting my daughter?

Yes sir. And she makes me extremely happy - I confirmed. Was it the right time to say that we are engaged? I was not so sure.