39. Will you give me a chance?

Marco POV

During Marcel's party I was not in the mood to have fun. Maybe if I could drink a little bit would be better but I was back in my trainings so I was not supposed to drink. That is why I spend most of the party on the couch in a corner listening to people blabbing about unimportant stuff.

I took out the phone from my pocket and was reading all the messages I have left Marta, as well as her answer. She really took everything in the wrong way and I was totally pissed at myself that I hadn't told her about finishing with Klara. On the Instagram I saw her photo from an hour ago. So she was really at a shoot, but still I was more than sure that she wanted to avoid me.

You haven't talked with her, have you? – Robin said sitting next to me, and I just shook my head. – Boy Marco, I cannot look at you in that state. You should make it clear.

I know Robin, but how? She is avoiding me, she blocked my number. I have no idea what to do – I said resigned.

You go to her. Now. I know it is late but the sooner the better. – he said encouragingly. That was the idea! I jumped from the sofa and was ready to go when he stopped me – Not so fast. Take out your phone, I will tell you the number of her apartment and the code to the main door. – he said laughing.

I raced through the streets of Dortmund as fast as it was possible. Normally the road would take me around 20 minutes but I was at her door in 7. It was not the wisest thing but I couldn't wait anymore. I gently knocked on the door, but nobody answered. I knew that she was home because I saw the lights in her windows. I waited a minute and knocked once more.

I heard the door opening and now she was standing just in front of me. She was dressed casually, extremely tired, but still she was beautiful.

What do you want? – she asked quietly after a while and I could tell that she was visibly shocked.

Marta, please let me in. I have to talk to you. – I nearly begged.

Would you leave me alone when you do that? – she sighed.

If you decide so, than yes. Please – she nodded and just turned going inside the apartment. I closed the door and saw that on her back she had my number and "Reus" written. My heart jumped because it was one of the sweetest sights ever.

You have my jersey? – I asked sitting on the armchair. She sat on the sofa and turned off the TV.

Yes. Kaya thought it will be funny. I am not sure but still despite the name it is comfy – she shrugged without emotions and took a sip of her wine – So, I am listening.

She was cold, her eyes were empty and the only thing I could see in them was pure disappointment. I swallowed.

I wanted to tell you everything earlier, but you have blocked my number – I started.

It is not a nice feeling isn't it? – she asked ironically. I new exactly that she was reffering to the time ten years ago when I blocked all of her accounts.

No, it is definitely not. Marta... I want you to know, that what happened during the wedding was important for me. I didn't want to take advantage of you. – I said and she looked at me.

I wanted that too, but it was a mistake. I should have thought better. I do not like to be the third one, I do not want to be the person that somebody cheats with. When I saw the pictures of you and her in the morning I felt like crap. And I am not that kind of person and I don't want to be. And I think that we should not meet anymore – Marta said quietly, and I could see some tears gathering in her eyes. - You are hurting me continously and I do not want that. - She was opening her mouth to continue but I interrupted her