32. I cannot stop thinking about her

Marta POV

Christmas Eve with my family and few days before spend in Warsaw chilling and meeting friends was definitely a thing that I needed. Being in an friendly environment, so far from Dortmund relaxed me and I was even not thinking about Marco a lot.

Now I was the Christmas Day and I was sitting with Kaya on the airport waiting for our flight to Thailand. We made a photo together and I posted it on Facebook and Instagram. Immediately I received few notifications from friends liking it and wishing us good time. Among them there was Robert, Forni and Robin. Also Mario and Auba commented, who befriended me on FB and started to follow me on Instagram the day after the BVB Christmas party. I liked them from the very beginning so I smiled to myself.

We landed in Bangkok after a very long flight and I noticed that I had no reception in my phone.

Fuck, it happened again Kaya. No reception, no Internet. Just like last year in Venezuela. I really must change the provider. – I sighed irritated.

No probs M. At least you will really relax not having the phone glued to your hand. – Kaya smiled. She was always great in finding positive sides of things.

You are right. – I said switching off my phone – It will be a real offline holiday. But could you just send a message to my parents that we landed safely? You know that they are always worried, even if I am 27.

Your wish is my command – she laughed and did what I ask her.

We spend first two days in Bangkok and I was really deilighted by the city. It was so vivid. I loved Asia and this city was one of the finest places on that continent. We even found a tattoo artist that we wanted to pay on before going home in two weeks. We decided to make ourselves small matching tattoos with signs that in Thai alphabet signify friendship without waiting for anything in return. We both wanted to have it on the right wrist, because you put a right hand on your heart when you want to swear or promise something. And we have promised each other many years ago a friendship without limits.

After two days in Bangkok we went to the Ko Phi Phi island to spend our New Years Eve and some following days.

On the day of the New Years Eve we dressed each other in comfy dresses and went to the beach for the party. We were having a blast, dancing, drinking and joking around. There were some guys trying to pick us up, but we simply were not interested. We wanted to spend the time together.

When midnight struck each one of us opened her own champagne bottle and looking at the beautiful fireworks we sat on the sand.

Kaya, I wish you that this year you will be as fucking great as the last one. I wish you every star from the sky, and everything you want. And I wish you love, the real one, when your heart stops. – I smiled and hugged my friend taking – I know that it would complicate our New Year's Eve holiday tradition, but I am willing to spend time with you and your future boyfriend. – I smiled – Or even let you go alone somewhere without me.

Ohhh! You are so sweet! Of course we will go togheter, he will have no saying in that. – she smiled – And I M, I wish you happiness. In everything you do. No more broken heart ok? I want you to be happy with your life wherever you want – Warsaw, Dubai even Dortmund. You name it. – She smiled with a small hiccup. – I love you girl! To us!

To us! – I exclaimed and we clinged our bottles.

Marco POV

With Forni and Robin we had a tradition that each year one of us organized the New Years Eve. For the rest it was always a mystery. This year Forni was responsible and the only thing that I knew was that we were going to Madeira. There were only six of us this year: Forni, Robin, me and Klara, and Mario with Ann Kathrin who last minute decided to come with us. So you can imagine how shocked I was when getting out of the taxi in front of our accommodation I saw Tiago and Pedro.