Slytherin

" Welcome to Hogwarts," the lady said sternly but kindly. "Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses."

The two of you and Ron shared a look. "They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin." People whispered about the houses. "Now why you are here, your house will be like your family, your triumphs will earn you points, any rule breaking and you will lose points."

She said overlooking the students. "At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup-" "Trevor!" A boys voice rang out as he sprang forward through the crowd and grabbed a toad in front of the teacher. She glared at him and he sunk back into the group as people giggled.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She said leaving you waiting with the group and walking into the hall. "So its true then, what they're saying on the train," a voice rang out and you and the others turned to it. A boy with white blonde hair slicked back with grey eyes stood with an arm on the rail staring at Harry. You had taken your hair down before walking in.

"Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. Where's your twin sister?" He asked then you cleared your thought. The boys eyes shot to you. "You?" You nodded. "Where's the scar?" You moved your hair exposing it. "Well well, much much more prettier than I expected." He smiled and you couldn't help but smile back. "This is Crabbe, and Goyle, and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The boy said striding up a step and standing in front of you and Harry.

Ron giggled at his name and Malfoy's eyes shot to him with darts. "Think my names funny do you? No need to ask yours, red hair, and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley." He spat and his goons snickered.

He turned back to you and Harry. "You will soon learn that some wizarding families are better than others Potter, don't want to go making friend with the wrong sort." He spat looking at Ron again. He then smirked and turned back to you and Harry. "I can help you there." He extended a hand but Harry didn't take it. You were tempted but were interrupted by Harry speaking.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." Draco snickered at Harry. "Suit yourself, and you love?" He asked looking at you. Your eyes widened when he turned to you. "She can as well." Harry spoke and Draco put a hand up to him hushing him. "Let her speak for herself then, (Y/N)?" Harry turned to you.

"Well, i-I don't know." They turned to you shocked. "Your not like your brother here (Y/N), there's something, different about you." At his words you turned bitter. "I believe your wise enough to find your way back to your spot, wether your smart enough to know when to shut up is unclear." Everyone giggled and he glared at you as the lady came back and tapped him on the shoulder with a paper.

He walked back to his spot. "We're ready for you, follow me." You followed her as the doors opened exposing the large room. Four long tables with students sitting at them in wizard hats and different colors, the ceiling looked like the night sky, and thousands of candles hovered in the air.

"It's not real the ceiling, it's just bewitched," you heard Hermione from behind you. "I read about it in, Hogwarts, a History." You stopped in front of a small step that up on it had a stool with a ratty witches hat on it. The lady stood next to it overlooking the crowd. "Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

On the small incline was a long table which around it sat adults who you assumed to be teachers. In the middle a tall golden throne like chair sat Dumbledore, you recognized him from the card.

He stood, with half moon glasses and a long white beard and hair in satin robes. "I have a few start of terms notices I wish to announce. First years please note, that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our care taker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you, that the third floor corridor on the right hand side, is out of bounds, to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death."

You turned to see a tall scraggly looking man with the top of his head bald on and long messy hair on the sides and back. Next to him sat a fluffy cat with red eyes. "Thank you." He sat back down. The lady began to speak again. "Now when I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses."

She looked at her list holding up the hat. "Hermione Grandger?" You turned I face the fluffy haired girl and she spoke to herself walking to the stool. "Mental that one." Ron said. Then suddenly, when the was placed on her head, it began to speak. "Ah right then, hmmm right. Okay, Gryffindor!" She smiled as all the students from one table stood and clapped when she walked over.

"Draco Malfoy." You looked to him as he walked up to the stool. He sat down and the hat screamed before it even touched his head. "Slytherin!" The table stood and cheered. "There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad that wasn't in Slytherin." Ron stated. "Susen Borns." A red haired girl walked to the stool. Suddenly you and Harry made eye contact with one of the teachers. He had a crooked nose and shoulder length black hair.

You both winced and grabbed your scars. "Harry, (Y/N), what is it?" Ron asked. "Nothing." You said. "Nothing we're fine." Harry said. "I know, Hufflepuff!" The hat yelled. The table stood and cheered. "Ronald Weasley." Rons face went bright red as he stammered up to the stool and sat down.

"Ha! Another Weasley, I know just what to do with you, Gryffindor!" The table cheered and Ron sighed of relief walking over and sitting next to one of the boys from the platform. "Harry Potter." The cheering went silent, then arose in whispers as Harry walked forward to the stool and the lady placed it on his head.

"Hm difficult, very difficult, plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind either, there's talent oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?" Harry closed his eyes and whispered. 'Not Slytherin, not Slytherin,' "not Slytherins ay?" The hat called. "But are you sure, you could be great you know, it's all here in your head. And Slytherins will help you on your way to greatness there's no doubt about that, no?"

Harry whispered to the hat some more. "Well if your sure, better be, Gryffindor!" The table cheered as did you as he walked to Gryffindor. "(Y/N) Potter." More whispers arose. You sat down thinking about being in the same house as your brother when the hat started to speak.

"Hmm curious, same blood line as the one before you, same birthday too in fact, but much much different in many unseen ways. Talent the same as your brothers and a beautiful mind, you too have a thirst, but to be great, you feel not the need to prove yourself to anyone, and a darkness, hidden down deep."

You gasped as did the Gryffindor table. The Slytherins snickered. "Very powerful beyond any first year I've seen, strive and courage, but a sly Witt, so where shall I put you?"

You didn't really understand, but you wanted to be put wherever the hat thought best. The Slytherins snickered as you made eye contact with Harry. "You will be great. Slytherin!" Rang the hat.