Triwizard Tournament

AN/ The quotes and info about the tournament is mostly from the books, which I will assume most of you have read and would have figured out, but just in case for those of you who hadn't.

"Four Liquorish Wands." Draco said standing at the door of the cart you  two were in along side Crabbe and Goyle. He shut the cart door behind him handing everyone a Liquorish wand then sitting back down next to you.

"We should be getting there soon," Goyle said looking out the window.
Soon after Goyle said this you arrived at the school. You hoped in the carriages and started off to the castle. You sat down and watched as the new first years got sorted.

"Hufflepuff-" Draco said as a little girl sat down, and immediately after the hat rang out "Hufflepuff!" You smiled. "Slytherin." You said as another one sat down. "Slytherin!" Rang the hat. Draco smiled at you and you shared a high five. Then Dumbledore began to start his start of term announcements.

He was about to say something about an important event when Filch came prancing down the hall up to him and whispered something before running back. "It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year," Dumbledore stated.

The crowd burst into an excited murmur. "Oh bloody hell, just another thing for Harry to screw up." You said placing your head in your hand causing Crabbe, Goyle and Draco to laugh. "some of you will not know what this tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation, and allow their attention to wander freely. The Triwizard Tournament was first established some seven hundred years ago, as a friendly competition between the three largest European schools of wizardry – Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. A champion was selected to represent each school, and the three champions competed in three magical tasks. The schools took it in turns to host the Tournament once every five years and it was generally agreed to be the a most excellent way of establishing ties between young witch's and wizards of different nationalities – until, that is, the death toll mounted so high that the Tournament was discontinued."

"However, our own Departments of International Magical Co-Operation and Magical Games and Sports have decided the time is ripe for another attempt. We have worked hard over the summer to ensure that, this time, no champion will find himself or herself in mortal danger."

"Isn't someone constantly in mortal danger at this school." Draco hissed. You nodded in agreement. "The Heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang have already arrived, and on Halloween we will have the Champion Selections. An impartial judge will decide which students, are most worthy to compete for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school and a thousand galleon personal prize money."

The hall erupted into chatter again. "I present to you Madam Maxine Head of Beauxbatons Academy-" the doors at the back of the hall sprung open revealing a small group of older girls all dressed in blue dresses and hats walking sharply with their hands behind their backs. Then they stopped leaning to a side with a sigh resulting in small blue butterflies to appear.

Then they ran to the rest of the way and you could just tell that the boys weren't staring at their outfits. You looked at Draco to see if he was swooning too, but he was just looking at the back doors as if waiting for the next show to begin. The girls finished their little routine and sat down at the end of one of the tables.

Dumbledore began to introduce the other school, when suddenly the doors opened again and a large group of guys walked out holding staffs and one was beak get on a drum. Then they ran to the the end of the tables, some did flips and some did fire tricks, ten everyone began to whisper causing you to turn to the a large man came in along side Victor Krum.

"Krum!?" Your friends squealed. The man was dressed in white, and he walked to the front as Dumbledore greeted him. All the girls were blushing over the guys. "Let's entertain our guests he best we can, all stand!" Dumbledore cheered before he began leading the school in the hog wars theme song.

You weren't much for singing so you stood there awkwardly with Draco laughing at he lyrics. After everyone finished you went back to the common room wth Draco and went to bed.