11

*Yoshiro's POV*

I woke up in my cell with Shikaku sleeping against the wall and Naruto sleeping on the mattress. The others were sleeping in the hall outside of the cell.

"What happened?" I whispered sitting up and holding my throbbing head.

"Oh Yoshiro, you're awake. I thought you were dead." Toru laughed.

"Yoshiro wishes." I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You good? When they suppressed your curse mark you sounded like you were dying." he laughed.

I shrugged and looked around causing him to frown.

"Hey Yoshiro?" Naruto asked sitting up.

I quickly shut out my emotions and turned to face him with a blank, emotionless face.

"I'm glad you're not hurt, and I'm sorry you're in here." he smiled sadly at me.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

'I don't want to feel like this anymore. What is this feeling? I'm angry at them, yes. But this other feeling is overriding the anger. I've never felt this way before, what's wrong with me?' I thought.

'Yoshiro, you feel betrayed. You're hurt because you think they befriended you just to get close to you so they could tear you down. Do you really think they'd do that though?' my friend asked.

"Yoshiro doesn't know what to believe anymore." I sighed.

"What're you confused about?" Kakashi asked from in the hall.

I jumped and looked out into the hall to see everyone was awake and waiting for an explanation.

"It's okay Yoshiro, we just want to know what happened to make you act that way towards everyone." Shikaku smiled.

"It doesn't matter." I shrugged.

"Yoshiro, stop with the emotionless mask, you can trust us, talk to us." Ino frowned.

"Yoshiro does not think any of you are trustworthy. Why should he care if you want to know anything?" I asked.

"Yoshiro, don't do that, you know that you want to talk about it, you just don't want to show any sign of weakness. It's okay remember? You can show weakness around your friends and family." Ino whispered.

"Yoshiro doesn't have any friends.....or family. He's alone, leave." I demanded.

"Yoshiro...." Kakashi whispered.

"Leave." I growled causing some of the inmates to look over at us.

"Yoshiro, we're trying to fix this. Please talk to us." Rin frowned.

"Get out. Yoshiro doesn't need any of you, leave him alone." I yelled causing all of the nearby anbu to look over at us.

"Maybe you should give him a while to calm down." the Hokage sighed walking up to the cell.

I couldn't stop thinking about them betraying me, it honestly hurt. I wanted all of them to leave but as I watched them walk away, I felt worse. I couldn't stop myself from asking the one question that continued to go through my mind.

"Why did you guys lie?" I whispered as everyone started to leave.

"Lie about what?" Shikaku asked causing everyone to stop.

"Just tell us what happened." Jiraiya frowned.

"Anko took Yoshiro to her favorite place and they were running around it for training, when they went inside Yoshiro got lost and called out for her thinking they were the only ones there. When kunai started to fly at him he figured it was Anko trying to test his reflexes but then there were bombs attached to the kunai and he started getting frustrated. He was mad because he thought it was Anko and he thought she was making fun of him because he's not a ninja so he yelled at her saying he wasn't a ninja so she couldn't play target practice with him and a man came out and shot some spikes at him. Yoshiro climbed into the trees and jumped away from the spikes. When he was trying to figure out who the ninja was the evil voice filled his head saying to kill him. He tried to refuse it but then his friend said that he agreed and that it was the only way to survive. The ninja appeared behind him and swung at him so he put his hand up to block it but was stabbed with a kunai. He grabbed the ninja's arm and conjured up a chakra ball......" I started but was cut off by Jiraiya.