20

*Yoshiro's POV*

The sun started to fall beneath the treeline as we continued to walk down the winding path. Jiraiya had informed us during our lunch break that we should reach our destination around dusk tomorrow. Ever since we left the boulder we stopped at for lunch, I have begun to feel uneasy, like there's an unnerving cloud of doom hanging over our heads. Something here just doesn't seem right, but no matter how hard I have tried I haven't been able to sense anyone nearby. The further we got, the more unsettling it became so I pushed it to the back of my thoughts. I couldn't let it hinder the mission, I couldn't let it stop us from getting Toru home to his family. As we continued to walk I ignored the nagging feeling in my gut, it wouldn't do any good to bring it up now. Sasuke, Naruto, and Toru were consumed in their own conversation at the back of the group and seeing as I needed something to take my mind off the edgy feeling in my stomach, I slowed my pace and joined the conversation.

"Yoshiro, we should get ramen when we get back to the village, what do you think?" Naruto asked with a smile as he turned to face me.

"Sounds good to me." I smiled back.

"Did you want to come too Sasuke?" Naruto asked enthusiastically.

"Yeah, alright." Sasuke smiled with a slight nod.

"Are you two cool with each other now?" Naruto laughed.

"Yeah." Sasuke smirked. "Why dobe?" he mocked.

"Shut up teme." Naruto whined.

"Whatever." he laughed.

"Can Tobi eat ramen at the Leaf too?" someone laughed from beside us.

As soon as I heard the laugh the uneasiness I was previously feeling magnified. The feeling overwhelmed me and I froze as everyone else jumped away from the mysterious man. Realizing that I wasn't going to move, Sasuke grabbed me and pulled me away as he jumped back. I quickly recovered from the shock and turned around to get a better look at the man as Kakashi and the others surrounded him. He wore an oddly familiar orange mask with a single hole in it, the hole was on his right eye. Along with the mask, he wore the same cloak as Ita, I immediately assumed that he was part of the Akatsuki and that was why he was a little familiar to me. I must have seen him at least once before, even if it was for a brief second.

"Why are you surrounding Tobi? Tobi's a good boy." he giggled.

"Who are you?" Jiraiya asked.

"Tobi is Tobi." he shrugged.

"Why are you here?" he growled.

"Tobi just came to play." he giggled jumping towards Ino.

I instantly became pissed as he jumped towards Ino, the urge to rip his head off was compelling to say the least, but as soon as the urge hit Sasuke and Naruto both had a hand on my shoulder.

"What a pretty lady." he giggled. "Wanna play?" he asked tilting his head to the side playfully.

"Don't let your guard down, the last guy that acted childish turned out to be stronger than all of us." Kakashi yelled.

"Get away from her." I growled trying to run in front of her only to be pulled back by Sasuke and Naruto.

"You're not allowed to fight, you're still injured. Besides, you've done enough, let us have some fun." Naruto smirked.

"Tobi likes fun!" the man laughed jumping from one foot to the other while clapping his hands together.

"Is this guy serious?" Ino whispered to Sakura who giggled and shrugged.