19

*Rin's POV*

When the girls got back from bathing in the river we all sat down and had some leftover porridge. By the time we were done it was late and everyone was getting ready for bed while Tsunade was checking on Yoshiro with Kakashi.

"Is he doing any better?" I asked.

"No, he's doing worse. His fever won't go down, at this rate he could die." Tsunade sighed in frustration.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The herbs aren't working, he keeps bleeding and coughing up blood and I can't heal him. His fever is going up and I can't do anything to heal him." Tsunade yelled in frustration causing everyone to look over at us.

"Here Tsunade, I got the water you asked for." Jiraiya sighed walking into the cave and putting the bucket down in front of her.

"Thanks." she sighed dipping the cloth in the cold river water before wiping the sweat off of Yoshiro.

His breathing was uneven and his face was flushed.

"You think he's going to die?" Ino whispered with tears in her eyes.

"I don't know. He hasn't woken up since the forest incident a couple of hours ago and he's doing a lot worse." Tsunade sighed.

Yoshiro's eyes fluttered open and he looked around the cave.

"Where am I?" he whispered

"Yoshiro?" Kakashi whispered in tears.

"What's going on? Did Snake capture you guys too?" he whispered.

"What're you talking about?" Kakashi asked.

"I think he's hallucinating, just let him go." Tsunade sighed putting her hands over her face.

"Kakashi...I'm on fire. Take this off." Yoshiro whispered moving the sleeping bag off of him.

"Are you still upset?" I asked.

"Sorry, I was trying to avoid all of you." he panted.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Loving people....it's a....weakness." he panted causing all of our eyes to widen.

"How are you feeling Yoshiro?" Jiraiya asked trying to change the subject.

"It's too hot." he whispered.

"Sorry kid, I can't do anything about that." he smiled sadly at him.

"You hungry?" Naruto asked walking up to him with some leftovers.

"No...but can I have some water?" he asked.

"Yeah, here." Kakashi sighed handing him a small cup of water.

"How long have we been here?" he whispered as Tsunade helped him sit up and take a small sip of water.

"A couple of days." Kakashi shrugged as Tsunade laid him back down.

"We need to leave, Toru wants to see his family. What are we waiting for?" he yelled trying to sit back up.

"Yoshiro, stop moving. We can't leave until you get better and you won't get better if you don't rest." Tsunade lectured.

"Sorry." he whispered.

"Yoshiro, you should eat, you haven't eaten anything since we got to the cave." Kakashi sighed.

"I'm not hungry. I'm going to go to bed so we can leave when I wake up." he whispered closing his eyes.

"Kakashi...." Tsunade started but he cut her off.