65

*Yoshiro's POV*

When Gaara finally woke up the sun was already in the middle of the sky.

"You could have woken me up." he sighed.

"I'm in no hurry." I shrugged causing him to frown.

"Sorry." he apologized.

"Why?" I asked in confusion.

"You don't have anywhere to go.....so you don't care how long it takes. You'll be alone again after this won't you?" he frowned.

"You make it sound depressing." I shrugged.

"It is depressing." he frowned.

"How so?" I asked.

"You don't have anyone to joke around with, you travel by yourself and you're distancing yourself from people." he frowned.

"I'll be fine." I shrugged.

"Yoshiro...I believe you...about Konoha....but...I just don't think you have the whole story..." he frowned.

"Gaara, I don't want to talk about this right now, they did what they did...." I started but he cut me off.

"I know you don't trust them but listen to me. They were all torn when you died. They all cried, Kakashi and Ino were devastated. Ino was a complete mess, Shikamaru said that when they told her she had a complete break down. It just doesn't add up. Why would they be upset if they were happy you were gone? I don't think they'd fake it for me and my siblings. Why would they hold a funeral for you if they hated you?" he asked.

"Gaara....they were probably upset that they didn't get to finish me off themselves." I frowned.

"What're you going to do if you run into them again. Are you going to get revenge?" he frowned.

"Of course not. I don't think I'll be able to face them again but I don't hate them. I'm just hurt because of them....but, I could never bring myself to hurt them....not again anyway." I frowned as I remembered stabbing Kakashi and going after the others.

Gaara looked at me in confusion but didn't ask anything. We walked in silence for a while until Gaara turned towards me again.

"Hey Yoshiro, do you realize that the Akatsuki is going after the jinchuriki?" he frowned.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked.

"What if they go after Naruto?" he frowned causing my eyes to widen.

"No way in hell am I going back to that village.....I guess I'll just have to kill Pein before he can get to Naruto." I shrugged causing his eyes to widen.

"What?!" he asked in disbelief.

"What?" I asked.

"You do realize you just said you plan to infiltrate the Akatsuki hideout and assassinate their leader right?" he frowned.

"I can handle it." I shrugged causing him to sigh.

"Just be careful. Don't do this unprepared." he frowned.

"Would I ever?" I gasped

"Shut up." he laughed causing me to smile.

The rest of our journey seemed to fly by. We joked around and talked about random stuff. I think it's safe to say Gaara is my best friend. He's the only one I can trust. We exited the canyon and looked around to see the village in the distance.

"Looks like our time is up." I laughed.

"Don't forget about the food. You're eating with me in the village." he smiled.