12

*Yoshiro's POV*

"What do you mean 'Welcoming party?' why are you covered in blood?" Kakashi asked.

"It's a prison welcoming party, what do you think happened?" I snapped.

"Why are you so pissed at us? I thought we settled this yesterday. Did we do something else wrong?" Kakashi asked.

"No. It's not you guys. Sorry, Yoshiro didn't mean to take it out on all of you." I sighed as an anbu came in.

"Lunch is in 10 minutes, line up." he yelled before stopping in front of me.

"You don't get to eat in the cafeteria, you have to eat in your cell." he said.

"What!? Why?" I yelled.

"The scene you caused yesterday." he shrugged.

"What? Yoshiro didn't start a scene. You locked him in an arena with no weapons and made him fight other inmates to amuse yourselves. How is that his fault?" I asked.

"Your food will be delivered in a short while."

"What? Yoshiro's not eating in his cell. This is socializing time. Believe it or not, he has people to talk to. He won't start fights, just let him eat lunch with Toru and his friends." I growled.

"No. You're to eat in your cell and that's final, you cause too much troubl....." he started.

"Yoshiro, if you want to eat with the other inmates, they can't force you to eat in your cell unless Danzo has ordered it. Which he hasn't." Sai said walking up to my cell and unlocking it. "You guys can eat with them as well, but the food isn't very good." he said to Kakashi and the others before leaving.

"Hey Toru, you want Yoshiro's bread?" I asked turning to Toru, who just got out of his cell.

"No." he sighed looking away from me.

"Sorry Yoshiro busted your face up." I smiled rubbing the back of my head.

"Sorry I attacked you." he laughed.

"See, now they're even!" I smiled as we made our way to the cafeteria.

We got our daily bread and water. I gave my bread to Toru as we sat down at the table with his friends. I introduced Kakashi and everyone to his friends while I slowly sipped on my water.

"Yoshiro, you should really eat this, you didn't eat anything yesterday and this is all we get. You're small so you need it more than me." Toru sighed holding the bread out towards me.

"It's alright, really. Yoshiro don't really like eating bread so you can have it. Besides, he's used to not eating much. Went thirteen years with only eating the minimum a person needs to survive. He knows his limit, don't worry." I smiled pushing it back towards him.

"That's not healthy though." he sighed.

"This whole 'only eating once a day and only having bread and water' isn't healthy." I laughed.

Kakashi and the others seemed upset so I looked at them questioningly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You guys eat this everyday....only once a day?" Shikaku asked.

"Yep. The trick is to take a sip of water before eating the bread and saving the rest of your water for afterwards. If you drink all of your water first then your mouth will be extremely dry from the bread. Yoshiro learned that from years of experience, that's all he got to eat when he was with Snake." I smiled.

"No wonder you're so small and malnourished." Tsunade mumbled.

"So Yoshiro, do you want to start training? You have to remember that 'Snake' knows you're in the village and could try to get you back anytime. We feel it's best to start training you in here, having someone train you everyday. Until they think you're good enough to move on to the next person. What do you think?" Shikaku asked.