29

*Yoshiro's POV*

I walked through the village conflicted. I wanted to flee, leave the village so Orochimaru wouldn't hurt my friends and family, but I knew they would be devastated and they'd come looking for me. The villagers would finally be happy if I left....but why would I care how they feel? The village didn't seem so bad at night, no one was awake to glare at me and make me feel unwanted. It was quiet except for the animals lurking in the alleyways and the drunks stumbling home. It was peaceful and calm, something I think I needed at the moment. My life had been so chaotic, I forgot what it was like to relax and clear my head. I continued walking until I noticed a black figure on one of the roofs. I tensed and pulled out a kunai as I approached the figure. I jumped up behind it and sighed, dropping my kunai on the roof causing Gaara to jump. He turned pulled out a kunai and jumped away from me before looking at me and sighing.

"You scared me." he sighed putting his kunai away.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Why'd you sneak up on me?" he asked.

"I didn't know who you were. I was gonna assassinate you." I explained.

"Really?" he asked.

I nodded while he paled.

"So, you excited for the chunin exams?" he asked.

"No...." I sighed thinking about how Kabuto will be there and that six armed man's warning.

"Why?" He asked.

"Just issues that I'll have to face during it." I sighed.

"Oh, alright. Well good luck?" he smiled.

"Why are you out here?" I asked looking around.

"I don't sleep because Shukaku thinks that means he can come out and play with people." he smiled.

"Oh, well he needs to have some fun too." I shrugged.

"Yeah but I'd rather not wake up to bodies all around me." he laughed.

"Well we are shinobi, sometimes we won't be able to control that."

"Shut up." one of the villagers yelled from their window.

"Piss off." Gaara yelled back.

The man grumbled some incoherent babble under his breath before slamming his window closed.

"So what's the deal with how the villagers treat you? I don't understand. You're not a jinchuriki so I don't understand what their problem is with you." he asked.

"I'm a monster." I shrugged.

"Seriously?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Because I slaughter people, but blood and violence is the only thing I know." I shrugged.

"That's stupid, you should murder all of them. They deserve it." he growled.

"If I were to kill all of them I wouldn't be able to stay here." I frowned.

"Well if you ever lose your cool and kill people and get kicked out of the village and need somewhere to crash, you can stay at the sand for as long as you'd like." he smiled.

"Thanks." I nodded.

"Don't mention it..." he nodded looking at the stars for a while before facing me. "Umm, Yoshiro? Are you alright?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You don't smile much if at all, and when you do it's fake. If you're really that unhappy here, just leave." he frowned.