50

*Yoshiro's POV*

I walked on top of the water for what felt like hours when I finally came across a ship.

"Hey, are you stranded?" someone from the ship yelled.

"Yeah." I yelled.

"Hold on, we'll be right over." they yelled.

"No, I'll come to you." I yelled hesitantly walking towards their ship.

I approached the ship to see a bunch of sailors.

"Here, grab on." they yelled throwing down a ladder.

I climbed up the ladder and leaned against the railing.

"How long have you been out here?" one of them asked.

"A while. I was walking for a few hours." I shrugged.

"Why were you this far out." they asked as I heard a door open.

"A man told me if I caught the monster eating all of his fish he would pay me a lot." I shrugged.

"What happened?" they asked.

"My ship was destroyed and I've been lost, walking around for hours trying to find my way to Kumo." I shrugged.

"Damn, that monster's done it again. You're not the first person to have their ship wrecked by that monster. Most people die though." they frowned.

"I appreciate you guys stopping to pick me up. Where are you headed?" I asked.

"Kumogakure, these leaf ninja we're taking are looking for special herbs or something. I don't know exactly." he shrugged causing me to tense.

I nodded and tensed when I heard someone clear their throats from behind me.

"You see, what I don't understand from your story is why you chose such a stupid job?" Tsunade asked.

"I'm a mercenary looking for hire." I shrugged.

"Where's the rest of your group?" she asked.

"They're dead." I explained.

"You don't seem too torn up about it." she said raising an eyebrow.

"We were taught not to get to attached to each other. We all end up dead eventually." I lied.

"That's so sad." Ino frowned coming out from behind Tsunade.

Tears filled my eyes but I turned towards the sailors.

"How long until we reach Kumogakure?" I asked.

"A few hours." they shrugged.

"Do you need some water? You were trapped out here for hours right, here. Have some water." Sakura smiled holding out a bottle of water.

I tensed and stepped back before placing my hand on my sword.

"Sakura, you don't offer things like that to mercenaries, they don't trust people. They'll kill you if they think you're trying to kill them." Tsunade frowned before continuing. "I apologize, she was just trying to be nice. She's a rookie, that was a rookie mistake." Tsunade smiled.

"You're lucky I don't like shedding children's blood." I growled

"M-Mister, you're injured, w-would you like s-some ointment?" Hinata stuttered before continuing. "It's sealed." she ensured.

I shook my head no.

"Sorry, I don't have any money right now." I explained.

"That's okay, by how much blood is there, it looks like you need it." she frowned pointing to the deck.