41

*Yoshiro's POV*

We climbed out of the sewer and started walking, I didn't know where we were going we just started walking.

"Yoshiro, I collected skin from the snakes we've been killing so you can choose from those for the sheath." Shinzo smiled holding up a large bag.

"Here, give me it, I'll seal it so you don't have to carry it around." I smiled.

"Alright, thanks." he nodded handing me the large bag.

I put it inside a sealing scroll and put the scroll back in my ninja pouch as we continued walking. We walked for hours, the more we walked the hotter it got. The snow melted and when we finally took a break, the sun was going down.

"Yoshiro, we're stopping for the night." Shinzo sighed.

"Alright." I nodded jumping into a nearby tree and laying down on the branch.

The five of them sat down by the fire and talked about random stuff while I looked at the stars.

"Hey Yoshiro." Shinzo called.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Why don't you join us?" he smiled.

"No thanks." I frowned.

"Yoshiro, we're almost done collecting the material, you should come hang out with us for a while. We'll be returning soon." Reiko frowned.

I sighed and nodded before dropping down from the tree. I sat down in between Shinzo and Gennosuke as they continued their conversation.

"So Yoshiro, are you excited to go back to the village?" Gennosuke asked.

"No." I frowned

"Why, don't you miss Kakashi and the others?" Shinzo asked.

"They're better off if I'm not there." I shrugged.

"Don't say that Yoshiro, they all really care about you. You shouldn't push them away like you do." Reiko frowned.

"You don't know what you're talking about." I frowned.

"Yoshiro...she's trying to make you realize that you don't always have to be alone. There are people that care about you, don't push them away." Kazuki frowned.

"Loving people is a weakness and it gets people killed." I frowned.

"You don't honestly believe that do you?" Shinzo frowned.

"I do." I nodded causing all of them to frown.

"Is there a reason why you're pushing them all away?" he asked.

"I don't want to get them killed." I frowned.

"I don't understand." he furrowed his brows in confusion.

"When I get close to people, they die. It's better if I just stay away from people." I shrugged causing their frowns to deepen.

"Yoshiro...." Reiko started.

"Can we not, I'd rather not talk about this." I sighed cutting her off.

"You should probably get some sleep, we have a long day tomorrow." Shinzo frowned.

I nodded and jumped back into the tree, laying down and turning my back on them. I laid in the tree looking at the stars for an hour before they started talking again.

"Shinzo, why do you think he thinks like that?" Reiko asked.

"I don't know, probably that Orochimaru guy." Gennosuke shrugged.