Chapter 11

May 2017 (Present day)

"You want me to stay?" Gen asks curiously.

"Please, I'd rather not be alone with my thoughts. Especially after that dream." I admit.

"Sure, just let me go change.... You should probably put some clothes on as well." She said before slipping out of the room.

A blush washed over my face as I realize I was naked and covered only by a sheet. What the fuck, I haven't blushed since....

Since Carolina.

Groaning I climb out of bed, pull on a pair of athletic shorts and a white tee before striding into the bathroom and splashing some water on my face. It's really humid and my hair feels like a fleece blanket so I pull it back into a bun.

Yes, a manbun. It's manly ok, cool and manly.(See gif above).

A soft knock was heard, I walk out of the bathroom and open up the door. Gen stood before me in a slouchy sweater paired with yoga pants, she had pulled her hair into a loose side braid and was barefoot. I had never realized how tall she was, she had to be 3 inches shorter then me at the most and I'm pretty damn tall.

She had her hands behind her back as she smiled at me. "What are you hiding?" I ask her suspiciously. Gen brings her hands forward, she hold a half gallon of triple chocolate fudge ice cream and two spoons. I cock my eyebrow at her. "I thought this was a clean eating rehab." I muse knowing full well that ice cream is NOT part of the dietary plan here.

"This is where I disagree with the program, sugar is not bad for you. In moderation of course. It will be our little secret" She says smirking before walking past me and over to the couch next to the window. Shaking my head I shut the door and join her on the couch. She pops the seal on the ice cream and opens it before holding out a spoon to me. Gen pulls it away from me as I go to take it. "Only if you tell me about your dream." She trilled.

"No psychologist shit though." I demand after pinching my bottom lip as I got lost in thought.

"Nope, don't have my note book or recorder." She denies holding her hands up. "Just two normal people talking and enjoying ice cream." Gen assure me as she hands me the spoon before clicking it against hers. "Cheers" She giggles before taking a small spoonful of the ice cream.

I put the ice cream on a tray and set it in the middle of us so we could settle into the couch more and not have to bend over to the table. Gen brought her legs besides her and turns towards me as I follow suit.

"My daughter is dead." I mutter after taking a bite.

"How do you know?" Gen asks with her eyes full of kindness and empathy.

"Carolina came to me in a dream, Cherokee was with her."

"That is a beautiful name Harry, how do you feel about it?" She asks curiously.

"I thought we had agreed to save the therapist shit Dr Horan." I snap sharply causing her eyes to widen in shock. "I'm sorry, that came out a lot more harsh them I had intended Gen." I apologize.

"It's fine, I wasn't asking as your therapist Harry. I was asking as one human being to another... A friend if you will." She replies uncertainly as she bites her lip.

"While I am devastated she didn't survive, she is free of this cruel world. She's safe and with her mother." I replied thoughtfully as Gen gives me a reassuring smile.

"That's a beautiful way to think about it." She praised smiling brightly.

"Tell me something about yourself Gen."