Chapter4

~January 2011~

"Carolina! Carolina where are you?"

"Harry, wake up. Harry you're having a nightmare!" Gemma's face fills my vision as  my eyes jolt open. "Harry you're burning up!" She fretted as she held the back of her hand to my forehead.

"Gem I-" Vomit spewed from my mouth before I could say anything else, luckily Gemma was prepared with a bucket. She ran her fingers through my hair as I heaved uncontrollably.

"I am going to kill Liam for getting you drunk," She says sighing after I stop heaving.

"It's not his fault Gemma, it was mine-"

"Don't you even try to lie for him Harry, I knew all about that bottle he had stashed up there." She interrupted but I wasn't going to let her blame Liam.

"No really Gemma."

"Please Haz, stop trying to protect him. The man can't wipe his ass without me knowing." Gemma retorted.

"That's actually pretty creepy Gem."

"But it made you smile." She said with her eyes full of hope. Hope that this would be the only time that I would wake up shit faced. Hope that I would move on from this. "Harry, we need to talk about the baby." Gemma pointed out sadly. "You abandoned her so she was turned over to the state."

"Good."

"What do you mean good? How could you say that?" She croaks with tears in her eyes.

"Look at me Gemma, I can't raise a child by myself. I know you're hopeful that this is my one time, that I'll be ok after this but Gem I won't. I can't. The baby is better off in a home that is prepared, that can give her what I can't." I state coldly, I can't catch feelings. Gemma knows how sensitive I am especially about children. If I saw the baby, held the baby.... I wouldn't be able to let go.

But I have to let go, because I'm on a downwards spiral and I refuse to drag anyone down with me.

***

~April 2013

"Harry wake your ass up, the draft starts in 15 minutes. Come on dude, don't make me douse you with ice water. You know what, fine. You asked for it." 

"WHAT THE FUCK LOUIS." I scream jumping up from my now ice covered bed.

"Dude why the fuck are you naked? You could poke an eye out with that thing." Louis snaps as he tosses a towel at me. "Come on, I've already took the trash out for you this morning. What was her name? Ana? Olivia?"

"Diana." I say shrugging as I pull on a pair of shorts. "Thanks Louis, I don't have to take a shower now." I chuckled.

"How are you always able to remember their names man? I can't tell you how many times I've been balls deep calling them some other broad's name."

I raise my middle finger up to him and turn it so he can see where I've written "Diana".

"You're a fucking genius man, but why the middle finger?" Louis asks smirking.

"Because fucking is all they get." I reply with a mischievous smile as Louis bursts out in laughter.

"Come on man, you're getting drafted today." He says as we walk into the kitchen. I look in disgust as I see all of the bottles and cans littering the kitchen island along with the residue from lines of coke that were done last night. "Don't worry, you know Maria will clean it up." Louis said referring to his housekeeper.

"Her name is Gloria you rich asshole." I chortled.

"Nooooo Harry... You did not fuck my housekeeper your horny fuck." 

"Hell no, anyone who makes a chicken roast like her deserves to have her named remembered." I explained.

"Good cause if you had I'd have to fire her." Louis snaps and I grin mischievously.

"I did let her suck me off one time though." I say smirking.

"What the fuck ever man." He says rolling his eyes before pushing me onto the couch. "Hazza cheer up mate, this is your day."

"I probably won't get drafted Louis, sure I'm good but I'm not THAT good." Ok confession, I am that good. Like unbelievably good. But I have no joy in football anymore, I just continued going through the motions. My grades are shit, if I don't get drafted I'll have to continue school. If I'm not on the field I'm either buried in a bottle of Jack or some rando I've picked up. 

"Come on, it's starting." Louis says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I won't make a first round draft dude, if I even make draft at all."

"Harry Styles" A voice rings over the television.

"The fuck?" I mumble running a hand through my unkempt hair.

"You got drafted dude!! You were a first round pick!" Louis says jumping up and down.

"By who?" I ask in disbelief. 

"The Arizona Cardinals."