Chapter 98

I had to use that gif cause I'm sick in the head... Here's a few more to cement my insanity.

 Here's a few more to cement my insanity

If I die young

If I die young. Bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses and make sure Harry is at my funeral to sing Mambo #5.

That is all.
___________________________

August 2017~
Gen's POV~

"You look gorgeous today Gen." Harry says has he kisses the back of my hand.

"It looks like we coordinated our outfits Harry." I giggle poking at his purple tie.

"I thought for sure you'd wear black and you know my normal everyday is usually all black so I wanted to spice it up a little. It would make my dad smile." Harry says cheerily.

"I felt like black was a little assumptive of me, I never knew Desmond and have no right to mourn him. I'm just here for my hot boyfriend." I smirk. "And Gemma of course." Harry smiles as he pulls in to a church parking lot, after putting the car into park his face drops and he looks as if he's going to have a panic attack. "Harry baby what's wrong?" I inquire.

"I don't know if I can do this Gen." He grimaces. "I haven't been in there since the night she died and I walked away from the church." Harry says as he runs his thumb over the cross tattoo on his hand.

"You can do this, you've already overcame so much Harry." I assure him before jumping out of the car and rounding it to his door. After opening it I cup his face. "I'll be with you every step babe." I whisper before placing a sweet kiss to his lips. Harry looks into my eyes for a few moments and nods. He climbs out and grabs his guitar case in one hand and mine in the other as he makes his way into the church.

Harry's steps seem timid as we cross the threshold, almost as if this place has some power or something.

I was raised Catholic and I have an understanding of the church but I have not been for a long time. Robin being a pastor must be daunting for Harry with his religious struggles since losing Carolina.

But God works in mysterious ways.

I squeeze Harry's hand as we walk down the aisle way, kneeling at the end and making the sign of the cross. Harry's eyes widen in surprise but he quickly follows suit before leaning his guitar on the side and sitting down in the front row. He gave me a reassuring nod and I sit down feeling a bit awkward to be in the front row when I am not family.

Gemma and Liam sit next to Harry leaving a space open for Anne next to me. 

Joy.

The church fills up with what I would assume to be friends and family of Desmond's then Anne and Robin enter, I offer Anne a soft smile as she sits next to me.

Once everyone was seated Robin began the mass. I can see how he's rubbed off on Harry, he's charismatic and humorous but still not overbearingly so. I never found myself bored listening to his sermon, which honestly I have in the past. Harry's hand was still holding mine and he was bouncing his leg, I could tell he was nervous so I lightly stroke the back of his hand with my thumb.

"In lieu of an eulogy, Desmond's son Harry has decided to play a song." Robin announces and Harry jumps up, grabs his guitar from the case and walks to the alter. He pauses for a moment, looking up at the cross before turning around and giving me a soft smile. He begins to strum and soon his heavenly voice follows.

Well, I heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
Well it goes like this:
The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

Well your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
She tied you to her kitchen chair
She broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

Baby, I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor (you know)
I used to live alone before I knew ya
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
And love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

There was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show that to me, do ya?
But remember when I moved in you
And the holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

Maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
And it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah...

As Harry sings I couldn't fight the tears back, I felt everything. I felt the loss of a father, a husband....

A child.

Gemma slid into Harry's spot and took my hand, I notice that Anne isn't fairing very well either so I offer her my other hand. She gives me a soft smile and accepts it then we return our focus on the beautiful man singing before us.

Her brother, her son.... My love.

________
Ok ya'll I'm sobbing. This is how I'd imagine Harry would perform the song but with his own heavenly voice of course.