Chapter 54

July 2017~
Harry's POV~

What a woman.

Seriously, what have I done in life to deserve a chance with her? She's kind and generous but badass and sexy as fuck all at the same time.

And I was in love with her, madly in love with her.

We walked up the beach for a while. Being able to touch her, kiss her, just show any time of affection without worrying has been amazing. Her reaction to me being at the bar scared me though, I can't lie. I know deep down she knows that I wouldn't do that but the way she reacted stung a bit.

Upside of her wearing a bikini, I've now discovered all of her tattoos. I have found the faith tattoo on her wrist a while ago but she also has a diamond on the inside of her right arm and then a tribal sun on the inside of her left.

All very odd places but makes sense when she's covering scars.

"Why a diamond?"

"Because I'm one in a million, that's what my mom always tells me. I'm her diamond that came out of the rough finally." Gen smiles which causes my stomach to flutter.

Carolina never made me feel like this.

"Are you ever afraid that when you have kids, they'll pick up your dad's issues?" I ask, the thought of producing someone like my father weighing on my mind.

"I don't, children are a product of their upbringing. Not their DNA." She answers. "What do you think happened?"

"I'm not sure, my mom said he changed after his brother died when I was 3 or 4, she tried to work it out with him but ended up filing for divorce shortly after." I explain.

"What happened to your uncle?" Gen asks curiously.

"Edward was my dad's twin brother, they went fishing out on my uncles boat one day and Edward fell overboard and drowned. My dad was never the same." I say sadly.

"That's terrible Harry, I'm so sorry." She pauses with a confused look on her face. "Were they identical twins?" Gen asks and I answer with a nod. "Have you ever thought that maybe........ Maybe Edward didn't die?" She asks with her eyes full of uncertainty.

After thinking for a moment I finally caught where she was going. "You mean that maybe it was my father that drowned and Edward is pretending to be him?" I ask.

"Crazier things have happened, I just have a hard time believing that a father would do everything he's done you know? I don't want to believe it."

"It actually makes sense, but that means my dad's been dead all this time." I say sadly.

"Wouldn't you rather him looking down on you then hurting you the way you thought he did?" Gen asks and I nod.

If this is true, my dad didn't do all the terrible things to me... He couldn't of.

Because my real dad is dead.