Chapter 97

I had to take a few hours off to help my stepson do his history final..... I'm annoyed.

_______________
August 2017~
Harry's POV~

I slept so fucking good last night, only way it could of been better was if Gen was in my arms.

Baby steps Harry.

Anyways I'm pretty sure my dry cleaner thinks I'm some kind of  pervert with jizz stains in his pants.

Still totally worth it.

I'm picking up Gen in an hour so I finally roll myself out of bed and take a shower before getting dressed. I decide on a simple black suit, white shirt and a dark purple tie figuring Gen would wear black.

I don't know how to explain the way I am feeling.... It's like I lost something from my past all over again. While I'm grateful it was not my father going behind my back with Carolina or attacking Gen I still feel bad knowing he's been gone this whole time.

Edward pled guilty and was sentenced to  35 years for my father's murder and attempted rape. Carolina was 17 when they began their affair so her family was not able to press charges for statutory rape.

After styling my hair I made myself a quick cup of coffee, grabbed my guitar and headed out the door. I was nervous as I made the 15 minute trip to Gen's, she really seems to be taking this as seriously as I am. I just hope nothing changes.

Once I pull up at Gen's house I hop out and run up to the door. After knocking a gorgeous green eyed brunette answers the door.

"Erm I don't think I have the right house." I admit running a hand through my hair. The woman just stares at me indifferently.

Awkward.

"Mom I didn't know you were home!" Gen says as she approaches the door.

That's her mother? Holy fuck.

 "I'll be home later." She tells her mother before sliding out the door and kissing me on the cheek.

I could feel her mother's stare on my back as I rounded my car to open the door for Gen, I give her a little wave before jumping into the drivers seat and pulling away.

"Well that was intense."

"Sorry about her, she hasn't been herself lately." Gen says placing an assuring hand on my leg.

"She looks so young." I mumble.

"She had me at 18 so she's still pretty young." She informs me.

"I would not of taken you two for mother and daughter." I shake my head.

"No one ever does."

**

Gen's POV~

I was not prepared for my alarm when it went off this morning. Not that I was hungover, I was emotionally drained. 

I can't believe my best friend slept with my husband.

It's not even that they slept together, I could care less. It's the betrayal.

Well you live, you learn and then you get fucked.

On wards and upwards! 

After taking a shower I let my hair dry in it's natural loose waves as I hunted through my closet. I really didn't want to wear black but a bright color would be inappropriate. Finally I decided on a dark purple lace dress, it was fitted up top then flowed away and hit me a few inches above my knees. I figured flats would be smart so I slid on my black flats before finishing the outfit with the jewelry Harry gave me, a swipe of mascara and some nude lipgloss.

I hear a knock on the front door as I check myself in the mirror one last time before grabbing my purse and running downstairs. To my surprise my mom was not only home but staring at Harry.

"Mom I didn't know you were home!" I call out walking towards the door."I'll be home later." I assure her before sliding past her and kissing Harry on the cheek.

My mom was acting weird as we walked to the car, Harry gave her a friendly wave before pulling away.

"Well that was intense." Harry says squeezing the bridge of his nose.

"Sorry about her, she hasn't been herself lately." I reply placing an assuring hand on his leg.

"She looks so young." 

"She had me at 18 so she's still pretty young." I explain.

"I would not of taken you two for mother and daughter." Harry says  shaking his head.

"No one ever does. Harry, why do you have your guitar?" I ask curiously.

"You'll just have to wait and see won't you?" He answers with a smirk before grabbing my hand on from his leg and tangling our fingers together. "I love this, being with you. Having freedom.. Not giving a single fuck." He says with a big smile.

"I love it too."

_

Comment if you love me.