Chapter 50

It's been a while since I've done a Harry POV soooo......

July 2017~
Harry's POV~

It's been almost three weeks since Louis's death, Gen and I are off to Mexico tomorrow after we get his ashes today. It was a surreal feeling, holding your best friend as he took his last breath. But honestly Louis is no longer suffering and it showed me that the path I was going down would only lead to my death. It was hard right after his death, Gen kept telling me not to feel guilty that it wasn't my fault. She's right, I just needed to see it for myself.

I've been doing well, scratch that.

I've been GREAT.

My family has been coming to visit more, but not Desmond. No one has heard from him since that day. Gemma's little baby bump has finally popped, I'm so excited to be an uncle.

A clean uncle.

I'm pretty sure my mom and Robin are still suspicious of Gen and I but honestly I could care less. They'll just have to get used to it cause I plan on keeping her around for a long while.

I feel really good about everything, Gen and I are getting really close and I'm hopeful that we can pursue something once I leave the program. Other then that I don't really know, I don't know where I'll live or what I'll do.

I honestly feel like this 6 month program is overkill, for me at least. I haven't even thought about taking a drink in almost two months. Time feels like it's going by so slowly when I'm not with Gen. My boxing trainer comes on days she isn't here and I've been playing guitar a lot but I'm just ready to get on with my life.

"Harry?" Gen calls peaking her head in.

"Come in." I reply from the couch with my guitar, Gen enters cautiously with a wooden box. "Is that...." She nods softly as I put my guitar down and walk towards. The box felt warm.

It felt like his smile.

"They just dropped him off." She whispers as I place the box on the table. "Are you packed?"

"Yea, I just need to put him in my bag." I reply nodding to my carry on.

"That's all you're bringing?" She asks.

"I'm a guy, I don't need much. Let me guess you have three suitcases."

"Two." She replied smirking. "I need to run home and grab some things, will you be ok?"

"Can I come?"

"Harry." Gen warns.

"Why?"

Because you're her patient you fucking idiot.

Gen walks towards me and cups my jaw. "Because the minute you meet my family I'll have to share you." She coos before pressing her lips against my earlobe. "And I'm not ready to share you yet." She oozes seductively then pulls away smirking.

Well damn, where's my fucking kiwi?

"I'll tell you what, I'll swing by that Mexican place you liked and bring back some tacos and we will have a movie night in my room." Gen suggests with a smile.

I do love those tacos.

"Sounds good babe."

Gen gives me a chaste kiss before leaving me with the wooden box holding what is left of my best friend.

"Oh Louis, how do I tell her I'm falling in love with her?"

**

Gen came back two hours later. I tucked the box into my bag, grabbed a change of clothes for the airport tomorrow and headed to her room.