Chapter 29

May 2017~

Gen's POV

I sat next to Harry as he fell to sleep, he looks so peaceful. Angelic if you will. He asked me to stay, I had the foresight to say in the note I left behind that there was an emergency at work and I needed to go back early.

I just needed to get him through the next few days.

All of the toxins he's been pumping in his body for the last six years are finally releasing their hold on his body, on his mind.

I walk over and grab the spare blanket from his closet before settling on the couch. The moon was shining brightly outside.

Just like the night he left.

**

June 2011~

"Why are you leaving us?"

"I'm not leaving you baby, I'm being deployed." Niall assures me. He had asked me to take a moonlit walk with him which took me by surprised.

"You've already missed so much Niall, can't you say no?" I begged him.

"Imogen you know I can't, I signed a contract and have duties to this nation now." Niall explained. "I'll be back before you guys know it, I promise." He says sweetly before pulling me into him and kissing my neck.

Niall was a good husband for the most part, but after losing his father something changed. His eyes would go cold and he would get this evil smirk as he spat out some bullshit he knew would hurt me. Then he would apologize and hug me.

Abusive? Probably, but I loved him and we had been through so much.

After all I was the reason his father was dead.

**

"What the hell are you doing here?" My eyes shot open to see Harry standing in front of me with an angry look on his face.

Commence the anger phase.

Please Lord, don't make me kick his ass too hard.

"Harry calm down, you called me last night remember?"

"The last thing I remember is resolving NOT to call you." He seethed before punching the wall leaving a gaping hole.

Well at least his strength is back.

"I just need a drink, I just need one fucking drink and then I'll be done. I promise. Please Gen just one drink." Harry begs, I'm used to this but having HIM beg is hard. Tears begin to form in my eyes as I clear my throat.

Don't feel Imogen, don't let it show.

"No Harry." I state, my voice sounding much stronger then my resolve.

"You fucking bitch, you're supposed to help me. Look at me I'm a fucking mess. How are you helping me?" He roared. I should be afraid.

Why aren't I afraid?

Because I know even in this state that he would never hurt me.

"You did this, you made me fucking feel again. This is all your fucking fault!"

**

November 2007~

"This is all your fucking fault Imogen." Niall seethed as he picked up speed.

"Niall I'm so sorry, I had no clue what my dad was up to." I state sadly, Niall was having a hard time grieving. It had been 6 months but with the stress of our son's impending birth and work something set him off at dinner.

"If you hadn't of gotten pregnant my dad would still be alive." He growled and I began to lose my patience.

"Yea because I just went and fucked myself without protection Niall. Don't you dare go there. You said you were happy I was pregnant, you proposed to me for fucks sake."

Niall's hands tightened on the steering wheel as he picked up even more speed.

"Baby, slow down please. You're scaring me." I plead with him and try to calm him down with a reassuring hand on his thigh.

Suddenly our car was filled with a bright light and then everything went dark.

**

"Why did you have to be my fucking therapist, why did you have to make me feel shit?" Harry sobbed.

I approached him cautiously and placed a hand on his arm. "Harry, it's ok I und-"

"Don't you fucking tell me you understand, no one understands what I've lost. Do you hear me? NO ONE." He exploded with his nostrils flaring.

"I do Harry."