Chapter 52

July 2017~
Gen's POV~

No no no, he didn't do this. He couldn't of.

He wouldn't of.

"Harry-"

"I don't know what I was doing, it was like some type of magnetic energy pulled me in there and before I knew it I was sitting at the bar." Harry explains looking down. 

I was angry, I was so angry for everything. He opened me up again, he made me feel again.

And with one single sip he destroyed it.

I get up to leave, I couldn't stand breathing the same air as him. Everything we've dealt with and been through these last two months was for nothing.

A large hand grabs my wrist and I whip around. "Harry if you do not let me go I swear to God you will be missing appendages."

"I couldn't do it." Harry whispers as my eyes widen. He stands up and cups my face. "I couldn't mess everything up."

I want to believe him.

"Harry how can I believe you when reek of alcohol?" I murmur.

"The barmaid got pissed when I not only didn't order anything but I shot down her advancement and "accidentally" spilt whiskey on me." Harry replies as he huffs.

He isn't lying.

"I couldn't do that to you, I couldn't do that to Louis... But most of all I couldn't do it to myself.. Harry sighs as he runs his hand through his hair. "You've taught me so much Gen, but most of all you've taught me that I deserve way better then the shit that's happened to me." He says looking into my eyes and cupping my face. "It's all because of you, the way you talk about me made me see myself the way you see me. You make me feel like I'm actually worth a damn." 

He get's it, he actually gets it.

"If you feel as though 90 days is best, that's enough for me. Honestly I was feeling like 6 months was overkill but as long as I was spending it with you then I was happy..." Harry pulls me back to the bed and sits down before patting the space next to him. After taking a deep breath I take a seat. "I got you something." Harry says with a smile before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a ring box.

No....

"After I left the bar I went for a long walk, there was a trail out to the beach that I walked down. Looking out on the ocean you were the only thing I could think of. The blue ocean matches your eyes, the sand warm and inconsistent in color your skin. So I started walking back to be with you and I saw this in a shop window and knew you had to have it, I had to give it to you." Harry takes a deep breath and opens the case.

Oh my word.

"It's a blue diamond, rare and beautiful

"It's a blue diamond, rare and beautiful... Just like you Gen." Harry says smiling while I'm silently freaking out.

"Harry we've only known each other-"

"No Gen oh God!" Harry chuckles. "I'm not proposing to you baby." He reassures me and I let out a deep breath. "This is a promise ring, I promise to you that I will maintain my sobriety not just for you, not just for me. But for us. I feel like I have a real future now, not because of you but because you're by my side." Tears of happiness begin to flow as Harry removes the ring and slides it on my left ring finger. "Plus I don't like guys hitting on my girl." He adds smirking.

Smiling wildly I throw my arms around his shoulders and kiss him passionately. "Thank you Harry, no one has ever bought me jewelry before." I beam brightly at him.

"Niall?-"

"Used his mother's claddagh ring she left him when she passed. It was special to me don't get me wrong, but it was obligatory  since I was pregnant." I explained looking at the beautiful ring sat on my finger. "Really Harry, this means the world to me. Thank you, how did you pay for it?

"Louis had a large amount of money in his wallet for some silly reason, worked out for me though." He smiles at me.

"Come on, I have an idea." I grab his hands and pull him up while smirking mischievously. 

"Gen, what are you up to..." Harry says cocking his eyebrow at me.

"I have a sparkly ring on my finger and a whiskey drenched "husband", it's time for some karma baby."