Chapter 26

May 2017 (present day)

Harry's POV~

Gen was currently not talking to me. I may of splashed a little too much when I tossed us in the water and her shoes were soaking wet.

"I'm sorry Gen!"

"You keep saying that but it doesn't fix the problem now does it! I can't stand walking in wet shoes it's disgusting." She says crinkling her nose.

Fuck she's cute when she does that.

"You can wear my shoes, I'll just walk barefoot."

"Your feet are huge Harry, plus we have to walk through the rock and bark in the garden." Gen says huffing as I run the towel through my hair one more time before putting my shoes on and tucking my shirt into my waistband.

"Grab your shoes and climb on." I say turning my back to her and patting my shoulder.

"Harry no-"

"Come on, it's the least I can do for getting your shoes wet. And don't give me that "I'm too heavy" bullshit, I carried you just fine last night." I reassured and she huffed in frustration before striding over to me and placing her hands on my shoulder. "Jump on three ok? 1 - 2 - 3." Gen jumps and I catch the back of her knees and hook my arms around them. "See that wasn't so hard was it."

"Hi ho Silver away!" She exclaims giggling.

Oh I'll take you for a ride.

A piggyback ride that is.

As we walk across campus back to Gen's wing a thought crosses my mind.

This is the most time I've spent with one woman in years.

Well no shit Harry she's your therapist.

Why does she feel like so much more then?

Before I knew it we were at Gen's door, honestly I didn't want to put her down but it was getting late and I knew she had to leave in the morning. She released her grip on me once her feet were back on the ground.

"Thank you for carrying me Harry." Gen says smiling. As my eyes meet her pale blues I couldn't help but notice they looked sad.

"Sorry about your shoes again."

"It's fine, they'll dry. Do you think you'll be ok until Monday? You have the meal schedule right?" Gen asks with her voice full of concern and I answer with a quick nod. "You can call me anytime ok Harry?"

"Thank you." I say softly as I feel emotions coming over me. "Um Gen?"

"Yes Harry?" She answers me questioningly.

"This is going to sound odd and probably completely creepy so feel free to say no." I mumble awkwardly.

"Just spit it out Styles." Gen sassed.

"Can I have a hug?" I squeak out, Gen's eyes soften but instead of a look of pity like I was expecting it was a look of understanding.

"Of course Harry." She whispers and sets her shoes down before closing the distance between us. I jump slightly as her wet sports bra presses against my chest but I recover quickly and wrap my arms around her. "I'm sorry, I'm still wet." She whispers as I bury my head into her neck and breathe in her scent.

"It's fine, I don't care." I whisper as she gently rubs my back.

For the first time in years someone held me, someone allowed me to be vulnerable and sensitive.

For the first time in years I knew everything would be alright.