Chapter 102

August 2017~
Gen's POV~

"Your cousin?" I whisper in disbelief.

"Yes, she's Edward's daughter." Harry informs me.

Well that makes sense, psychopathy is hereditary I guess.

"You're probably thinking how can that be when I have a different name, well you see I was 8 when my dear old dad was "killed" so my stepfather adopted me and I took his last name." Gigi explains and bites her lip looking me up. "You look good Gen, happy even." She says with an evil smile.

"How do you two know each other?" Harry asks.

"I went into the same rehab you did my dear little cousin, in fact I was her first patient over a year and a half ago but she gave up on me." She says with a pout.

"Harry I need to leave, I'm sorry."

"No it's fine, I mean I'm the one breaking the restraining order right? Just remember Gen, I always keep my promises. I'll be seeing you very soon love." Gigi oozes seductively before walking off.

"Why the hell would she have a restraining order against you?" Harry asks, stepping in front of me and looking at me with shocked eyes.

"She doesn't, I have one on her." I whisper still scared out of my mind. "I'm so sorry Harry, I need to go. I'll have Talia pick me up."

"Baby wait-" Harry tries to stop me but I'm too quick.

"Talia, I need you to come get me please." I cry into my phone.

**

"What do you mean Gigi is his cousin?" Talia asks as she pulls away from the cemetery. 

I felt awful for leaving but I had to, I couldn't stay there and hold myself together.

"She's Edward's daughter." 

"Holy shit, just when I thought you could finally live a happy and drama free life BOOM." She sighs. "How does Harry feel?"

"He doesn't know why I have the restraining order, she's his family Talie..... I don't know if I can do this."

**

Harry's POV~

What the fuck?

"Where did Gen go darling?" My mom asks as she Robin, Gemma and Liam approach.

"She had to go, did you guys know Gigi was in rehab?"

"Yea last year, it wasn't successful though, poor girl never got over loosing her father." My mom informs me. "Why was she here?" She asks with wide eyes and I nod.

"Last I knew she was serving a year in jail for violating a restraining order, she was in love with her therapist and when he declined her advances she snapped and threaten to kill him and hurt his daughter." Gemma adds.

"It wasn't a guy Gemma, Gen was her therapist." I whisper and they all gasp.

"Holy shit no wonder why she took off." Liam murmurs.

**

Later that night~

"Hello?"

"Gen are you ok?" I ask, relieved she answered her phone.

"Yes I'm fine Harry, just tired." She answers quietly.

Liar.

"Baby I had no clu-"

"I need to go to bed, I'll take to you later." She says abruptly before hanging up.

This is bad.

I tossed and turned all night.

Maybe she's just stressed about her new job?

It was 2am by the time I fell to sleep, with my alarm going off at 6 I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. After a shower I pulled on some athletic pants, a shirt and sweatshirt, grabbed a coffee and headed down to the high school.

The team seemed excited that I was going to be the assistant coach this year before taking over next year, I guess I still held a few records from my time there. Coach Corden walked me through the first half of my day, even though I wasn't a teacher I would be over seeing the weight training classes that both teams are required to take.

"Hey Harry, do you keep in touch with any of the players?" Coach asks.

"No Coach I don't."

"Seriously Harry, you're my co-worker now not my player. Call me James." He huffs. "Well I just got word that the special teams coach got caught fooling around with a cheerleader so now we're out a coach. You know special teams can make or break the entire season. I need to replace him by the end of the week." He says with his voice full of frustration.

"I'll let you know if I think of anyone Co-erm James." I reply. "I have to meet a friend for lunch, I'll see you after." 

"Have a good lunch." He nods before I run off to the football field.

Niall was sitting in the bleachers with a pizza and some Gatorade. "Peace offering." He says opening the pizza and tossing me a drink.

"Thanks man I'm starved." I smile grabbing a piece and eating it as he does the same. Then I remembered what Lena said Saturday night. "Niall, I'm going to ask you something and I want you to answer me honestly." I say sternly.

"Go for it."

"Did you sleep with Lena?" I ask.

"What the fuck? Hell no. She was so desperate, came on to me tons of times but I always shot her down. I told Imogen she was bad news but she wouldn't listen." Niall answers with his eyes wide.

"Lena was drunk the other night and came on to me then said she slept with you." I explain and Niall shakes his head.

"I'd never touch her man, I was loyal to Gen until I left." He informs me and I believe him.

There was a silence for a while as we both ate. "It's so weird being back here on the field." He speaks up, looking over the football field.

"You played?"

"Yea well mostly soccer but I switched to football in college before enlisting." He nods.

"No shit?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yea, I loved it but being short I always got looked over. I was a punter more often." Niall explains.

"Well hey, you need a job right?"