Chapter 70

July 2017~
Harry's POV~

God she's so perfect.

We just laid wrapped up together in our sated bliss for a while. If this is what it feels like after that exchange I can't imagine what it will be like after we make love for the first time.

"Harry we need to get dressed babe. Breakfast will be here in a few." Gen coos, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"You're still not telling me what we are doing huh?" I question her with my brow cocked. 

"Nope."

Oh she was going to pay for this later.

"How should I dress at least?" I ask.

"Something worthy for the open sea." She replies smiling before jumping out of bed and running to the bathroom. There's a knock on the door alerting us that room service has arrived so I pull on some shorts and a shirt before answering the door.

After setting our plates on the table and tipping the bellboy I settle into a hot cup of coffee. It's not usually allowed but Gen knows that everyone needs a cup every once in a while. A few minutes later Gen waltzes out of the bathroom, her hair was mostly down but pulled out of her face and she was wearing the dark teal bikini I had gotten her with a white lace cover-up and flip flops.

"Did you want the omelette or french toast baby?" I asked looking over the plates,

"Both." Gen replies smirking, I knew what she meant so I took half of the omelette and hashbrowns then added a few pieces of french toast to her plate.

We ate in a comfortable silence, I can't help but feel bad for everything I said yesterday and I knew I needed to make it up to her tonight. I tried not to be offended when she told me that I couldn't meet her daughter until I maintained my sobriety away from the program, I get where she's coming from. I just can't help but see her running around the backyard chasing our kids barefoot and pregnant while I BBQ.

I want that life and I want it soon. I'm already 26 with no children, sure Gen's about to turn 26 but she already has a child. While I know Niall is her father, I would love to fill the void he's left behind for Ever. 

I can't help but wonder what my parents will think once they find out Gen and I are actually dating, I know Gemma and Liam already suspect something but still. My mind continues to travel and then I realize.

Holy shit I'm a millionaire....

What could I do with that money to show my family I am a changed man?

I suddenly remember how Gemma and Liam canceled their wedding after Carolina died, she was Gemma's maid of honor and plus the wedding was to take place less then a month later. I guess they ended up just going down to the courthouse and marrying.

That's what I'm going to do for my family, I'm going to pay for Gemma's wedding.

"You ready Harry?" Gen asks as she gathers her purse.

"Yea, I just need to grab Louis." I respond as I jump up and gather the box containing my best friend's ashes. We head out hand in hand to the front of the resort where Gen had a car waiting. After a 10 minute ride we pull up a marina, Gen pays then driver and we get out.

"What are we doing here?" I ask, Gen just grabs my hand and leads me down a dock to a beautiful sailboat.

"Ah Mr and Mrs Gallagher?" A cheery man greets us.

"That's us." Gen replies smiling.

"I understand we are providing transportation to a final resting place." He smiles sadly nodding at the box in my hands. "I'm very sorry for your loss."

"Thank you." I reply with a soft smile.

"Hop on, there are snacks and refreshments on deck." The man says with a large smile, he helps Gen and I off of the dock and onto the boat before leading us to the deck. " Just kick back and enjoy the ride." He says before heading back to the dock to untie us.

Gen and I settle onto the small lounge on the deck, she's sitting between my legs and leaning back against my chest and my arms wrapped around her as the sailboat slowly exits the port.

"I really like it here." Gen says softly.

"Yea I do too, we should come back sometime."

"When is Louis's birthday?" She asks.

"Christmas eve."

"Maybe we could come spent Christmas down here.... Bring Ever with us." Gen suggests and my heart soars. I love this woman so fucking much.

But I won't tell her, not until after I meet Ever and we know that this is what we want 100%.

"I think Louis would really like that." 

After a while we reach the open sea and I get a warm feeling in my gut. 

"I wanna do it here, I want to release him here." I inform Gen and she jumps up. Then old man slows the boat as Gen and I walk out onto the pulpit. 

If I weren't about to release my best friend's ashes we would totally do a Titanic moment right now.

Gen caresses my back as I pry open the box and release him into the waves below.

"See you later Louis." I whisper as tears run down my cheeks.

"Harry look." Gen whispers as a single dolphin springs out of the water in front of us. 

**

A few hours later Gen and I were laying out on the beach, my surprise for her was quickly approaching.

"Come on babe, lets go for a walk." She suggests beaming at me.

"Just a short one, I have plans for us soon."

Gen grabs my hand and we walk down the beach a bit before stopping to admire some dolphins frolicking in the water.... Well Gen was admiring them....

I was admiring something else.

"Ever would love it here." Gen whispers softly, I stand behind her and wrap my arms around her tightly as she leans back into me. "Dolphins are her favorite."

"I can't wait to bring her then, among other places of course. Disneyworld, Hawaii, Universal Studios...."

"Harry you don't have to buy her love, just be yourself with her." Gen replies sternly.

"I don't have to but I want to, plus I think I'm pretty likable so I'm sure we will be fine." I state smiling widely. "Can you tell me any more about her?"

"She's very outgoing and independent, especially for her age. She loves animals, says she wants to be a marine biologist when she grows up. When I'm home her favorite thing to go is curl up in bed with me and watch Animal Planet." Gen gushes.

"She sounds like a sweet creature babe."