Chapter 91

August 2017~
Gen's POV~

"Plus I think we can all agree that I have far more baggage then she does." Harry says with a smirk. I offer him a smile which he returns as I get lost in his jade green eyes.

"Well then, I supposed I do owe you an apology Gen. You must understand how concerned I am for Harry though." Anne says sternly, 

"I do and while I can appreciate that, it's no excuse for how you treated me." I reply indifferently as Harry's smile broadens. "You see Anne, I have lived most of my life under the scrutiny of overbearing and controlling people and I simply choose not to live nor raise my child like that. My daughter is an incredibly smart girl with a bright future as well as a decent sized college fund. I don't need anything from anyone to take care of myself or my child, the fact that you so quickly jumped to that conclusion really upsets me because that is not who I am."

Anne and Robin stare at me with wide eyes as Celine gives me a supportive nod. "I just hope you can get the fuck over your preconceived notions of me and understand your son and I's relationship." I add looking her right in the eyes. Harry and Gemma's looks mirror each other's as they look at me in awe before glancing at their mother.

"Well Harry, looks like you've found yourself quite the woman." Robin says with a large smile.

"Don't I know it." Harry replies smiling widely at me causing me to smile back at him.

"Excuse me but the buffet is ready." The cook comes over and motions towards the table on the other side of the tent.

"Ah yes! I don't know about you but I'm famished." Celine chirps and we all rise to walk over to the buffet.

"Gen wait." Harry says grabbing my hand. He pulls me against him, cradles my neck and kisses me passionately as he dips me back.

Way to sweep me off my feet Mr. Darcy.

He pulls me back up and presses his forehead against mine as we catch our breathe. "Thank you.... For not letting my mother scare you off." He whispers.

"I'm not going anywhere Harry." I reply as my push his hair back off his forehead.

"Let's go eat and show them how undeniably happy we are huh?" He whispers and I nod softly.

We both make our plates and return to our seats where everyone else was already seated.

"That was quite a kiss." Celine whispers in my ear causing me to blush.

"He's quite the man." I reply softly and she smiles knowingly.

"So Gen, has Harry met your daughter yet?" Anne asks curiously.

"She wants me to maintain my sobriety for a while longer which is understandable." Harry answers for me.

"That is quite smart, I remember when Robin met the kids. Harry was a little shit to him, kicked him in the balls the first time Robin ever kissed me in front of him." Anne recalls with a smile on her face.

"Yea, I'm sorry about that man." Harry apologizes, running his hand through his hair. 

"Eh, you were just a kid protecting his mom." Robin shrugs,

We enjoy the rest of lunch, the tension virtually undetectable now. Anne and Robin would ask me questions about my childhood and family while Gemma went on to eat an entire bowl of jello salad. 

"I have something I want to do." Harry stands up and Anne looks at him questioningly. He walks over to his guitar case and pulls it out.

"You started playing again?" Gemma whispers with her eyes wide.

"Yea, cause of her." Harry says nodding at me, leaving me very confused.

He begins strumming a beautiful melody before he began to sing right to Gemma.

Sweet creature
Had another talk about where it's going wrong
But we're still young
We don't know where we're going
But we know where we belong
No, we started
Two hearts in one home
It's hard when we argue
We're both stubborn
I know but, oh
Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of road, you bring me home
Sweet creature
We're running through the garden
Where nothing bothered us
But we're still young
I always think about you and how we don't speak enough
No, we started
Two hearts in one home
I know, it's hard when we argue
We're both stubborn
I know but, oh
Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of road, you bring me home
I know when we started
Just two hearts in one home
It gets harder when we argue
We're both stubborn
I know but, oh
Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of road, you bring me home
You'll bring me home

Goosebumps cover my entire body, Harry's voice is just so raw and beautiful. Gemma was sobbing as Liam rubs her back. The minute Harry was done Gemma threw herself into his arms.

It was beautiful.

"I had no clue he could sing." Celine whispers to me.

"Neither did I." Anne says still in shock.

"Edward always told me it was wasteful, that you would never support it. So did Carolina. Gemma is the only one that nourished my talent. When I told Gen I used to play guitar she bought me this one on my one month sobriety mark." Harry explains after Gemma lets go of him, allowing him to put his guitar away. He presses a kiss to her forehead before they take their seats again. 

"Well Harry, maybe I don't know you as well as I thought but I look forward to learning more, about you too Gen." Anne smiles at me softly.

I guess she doesn't hate me.