Reserved

Draven's POV
     I don't mean to be a stocker, or seem weird, but I can't seem to take my mind off of her. She's beautiful, and not the kind of beautiful that you only see when their naked. She's beautiful in the way she holds herself. But there's a sense of pain behind her eyes, making them dull.
      "You haven't stopped looking at her for an hour, Raven," Tori says, using my nickname that I haven't heard in years. I remove my eyes from her little sister. "She's pretty huh?"
    "I guess," I say, acting like I haven't noticed. Tori scoots closer to me.
   "What a shame she wears so much layers. Maybe then, you'd be able to have a better imagination," she says in a whisper/chuckle. My cheeks flush.
    "That's just wrong, Victoria," I say. She glares at me for using her name. "She's your little sister, and underage," I tell her. She rolls her eyes.
    "Barely underage." Her eyes roam around us, showing she's thinking. "Okay, she literally just turned seventeen three days ago. But we're only twenty two. That's not a big age gap."
    "I'm also a convicted felon that she would never talk to. Plus, I don't even find her attractive," I say. Damn, that was a lie. She's beautiful, but I've already said that. The guy that was looking at her earlier makes his way over to her. Her body tenses.
    "Who is he?" I ask Tori. She looks over and her eyes narrow.
    "Her ex boyfriend," she answers. I bite my lip, looking down at the table. "No one knows why they broke things off. She said it was because of the distance, but when he moved back, they didn't get back together. Therefore, we don't know the truth to what they made them end." I see him take her hand, but her take it away.
     ××××××××
        "You didn't enjoy that conversation," I say as I walk up to Catalina. She looks up at me with surprised eyes. I can't get over their color.
    "And how would you know that?" She asks. I sit down on the bench, looking up at her now.
    "You were tense the whole time and said very little," I say. She cocks a brow. "I'm a very observant person." She sits down next to me, but keeps at a friendly distance. Her knees bounce up and down. "You don't have to be scared of me."
    She shakes her head, swallowing thickly. "I-I'm not. Talking to new people just isn't my strong suit." I nod. "Um, he was my ex. We didn't have the best break up, so when we talk its very awkward."
     I look at him in the distance. He looks like a douchebag. "I'm not even gonna ask why you two broke up. You seem very shy."
     "You're not the best when talking to people," she says. I look at the grass. "Sorry if this comes off as rude, but I was taught not to lie, and I'm not supposed to be talking with you at all."
     I bite down on my tongue. "Okay," I say, standing up.
    "I'm-"
    "Really, its fine. No one would want their sweet, Christian daughter to be talking to a murderer who just got out of prison right? It was nice talking." As I turn and walk away, I mumble, "fuck this town," under my brother.
     ××××××××
       "How was church?" My step dad asks me. I shrug. "I told you it wasn't a good idea to go. People here are going to judge you because of what they think happened," he says.
    "What did happen?" I snap. He sighs, wiping water off his hands on the rag. "Cause so many people have their damn minds made up of what supposedly happened, that I'm starting to lose track of the fucking truth. I can't even walk outside without someone giving me a disgusted look."
    He leans against the counter, arms crossed. "You have to ignore that. You've never been one to care about what people think about you, why is that changing now. You know the truth about what happened, so everyone that believes the rumors are in the wrong. Not you."
    I groan and walk to the backyard where my mom is. She stands up straight and smiles at me. "You look very handsome in that, but please tell me you didn't where that to church?" She says, indicating to my muscle hugging black v-neck. I shake my head.
     "I had a button down when I was there," I tell her. She gives me a now, approving smile. "So, I wanted to talk to you about something before in head home." She sees down her small shovel and looks at me to continue. "See, there a girl-"
    "What?"
    "Let me finish, mom. I like her, not like that, but she's interesting. She knows what people think happened, so she's scared of me. How can I change that?" I say. My mom makes me sit on the bench she has next to the roses.
    "You should keep at a distance. There's no reason to get close to someone when you might have to go back to prison in a month."  I scuff.
    "I didn't kill Johnathan. I went four years in prison because they realized they couldn't find proof to use against me other than the fingerprints on the gun. Sure, that's a big give in, but that doesn't mean I did it. I'm not going back to prison. I'm gonna get a job and get my life started."
    "You didn't go to college." I smile cockily.
    "Yeah, I did. With good behavior means I had the opportunity todo certain things. College was one. Of course I didn't leave and go to the actual place, but they and a professor come and do everything. I have the diploma."
    Her eyes widen. "I'm a proud momma."

AN: Sorry if this sucked. I'm trying here. Comment your thoughts!! Share. Stay alive |-/      -Veah