Trigger

Catalina's POV    I walk down the stairs, dreading my fathers angry looks

Catalina's POV
I walk down the stairs, dreading my fathers angry looks. My mom looks over at me, but he keeps his eyes on the newspaper. I take an apple and take a bite out of it.
"Can we talk?" She asks me. I look at the time, about to make an excuse how I have to get to school early. "I'll drive you." She grabs her keys, kisses my dads temple and leads me out to the car. Awkward silence fills the space between us.
"So he was the boy you regretted breaking up with?" She asks me. I nod, looking out the window. "How could you feel safe with him? Aren't you scared?" The only reason why I can be truthful with her is because she's a good listener and takes things in without much judgment.
"No, he doesn't make me scared. If anything I feel comforted and safe. Somehow, I know he wouldn't ever hurt me. You guys know him one way, but I know different. He's not what you think," I say. She sighs and squeezes my hand.
"Your father and I, we've been talking about moving since I got a job opportunity in California. He wants me to take it and for us to leave this town and everything in it." I sigh.
"Of course he does," I mutter. "I love him, I do, but why can't he just be happy that am? I've done nothing to make him not trust me."
She forces a smile. "He's a very stubborn man who wants the best for his children." I sigh, closing my eyes.
"So we're moving?" She nods.
×××××××
"I can't believe that after all this time, now he wants to leave," I say. James taps his pencil on the table. "I was just started to be happy again."
"But he doesn't like what's been making you happy," he tells me. The look in his eyes is serious, but their still soft when she looks at me. "Neither do I, I don't think he's good for you, but that won't change the way you see him. I see the look in you've eyes when you look at him, its the way I look at you."
He clears his throat. "Nicky's starting to feel better about everything," he says. I nod, looking at the table. "You've talked about leaving this town since middle school, and your finally getting the chance. This could be a really good thing for you, if you let it."
I smile at him. "You're right. Getting out if this town, will be amazing. I just don't want to leave when things are getting good again. I'll be leaving Nicky and you behind."
"You know I'll visit you," he says, throwing a piece of bread in my hair. I giggle and throw it back at him. He takes his jacket off and hands it to me. "Your cold. Don't even try to argue with me." Chuckling, I put it in, it being wah to big for me. "You good?"
"Wearing this makes me tired," I say, propping my elbow on the table. "Do you remember when we carved our names into the tree over there cause we believed that we would get married to each other?" He smiles.
"Yeah, that was when I realized I liked you," he says. I sigh, smiling at the welcomed memory. "I went home and told my dad like an idiot."
"You are an idiot, but a cute one with brains so it's okay."
Someone yelling behind me makes me jump in fear. James looks disappointed. Tori and Draven sit down next to us. I look at him for a second then back to my book.
"Could you me for a second," I ask and get up, making my way to the trees. I spot at the ones with James and mine name. My index finger traces the cravings.
××××××
Draven's POV
Every time I see Cata with James that spark of jealousy comes back. She stands up and makes her way to the trees. "Is she okay?" Tori asks James. He glaces over at me, its hidden but I noticed it.
"That's something for you to ask. Its not my place," he says. Tori glares.
"At least tell me if something is wrong? I'm not asking for an article on it," she says. He closes the book that's in front of him.
"If you really look at it and see her, you'll see it. She's not okay and hasn't been fro a long time," he snaps and gets up, making his way over to her. She smiles up at him.
"Its hard huh?" Tori asks. My brows draw together in confusion. "To watch someone you love, love someone else. And knowing you can never be better than them." I sigh.
"I guess." Looking back over, Cata leans up and hugs James, closing her eyes. She kisses his cheek and he walks away. I stand and make my way over to her. Her smile fades as she looks at me. "Hey," I say.
"Hi," she says and leans back against the tree. I now see the tree has carvings, Catalina and James Serenity. "How are you?" She asks.
"I'm fine, but I'm more concerned about you. What's wrong?" She shrugs. "Come on, you can talk to me, baby." Her eyes meet mine.
"My father is not happy about this," she says, gesturing to me and her. "My moms taking the job she got in California and we're moving. All my dad's idea," she tells me. I look away from her, my fists clenching. "My depression and anxiety is coming back. I don't know."
I cup the side of her face and step close to her. "We'll make this work, I promise," I say. She smiles and kisses the inside of my wrists. "Want to leave?" I ask her. She looks at Tori.
"Aren't you-"
"Dropping her off."
×××××××
"This feels amazing," I sigh as I pull her close to me, her leg over mine. Kissing her forehead, she smiles. My hand runs down her naked spine. "Relaxing."
She mumbles something. "We're not gonna last," She says. I move so I'm looking her in the eyes.
"I'm dating you with the intention of marriage. What makes you think this won't last?" She traces my jaw with her index finger.
"Cause I'd be long distance and half the time, they don't work out." My phone goes off.
"Can you hand me it?" My voice scratchy. She reaches over and gets my phone for me. Cody's contact shows up, making me groan. "Hello?" I says.
"Hurry your ass up and get to the wearhouse," he says and hangs up. The last thing I want is to get up. When I look over at Cata, she's already asleep. I kiss her cheek and get up.
××××××
"What?" I ask, when I get to the wearhouse. Cody and Mark walk over and hand me a gun. It's been so long since I've held one of these and worst of all, it feels right. Something about the heavy metal calms me. It must run in my blood.
"We found where the people that killed your father are hiding out now. Its our chance," he says. I nod and get in the car.
××××××××
We walk quietly along the sides of the house to see if they have watch out. Mark waves us back to the front and kicks open the door. By now I'm running on adrenaline and it feels good.
Maskless men hold their guns out at us and shoot. We duck from the bullets the best we can and shoot back. Cody and I run up the stairs. I grab the back of a men's shirt and shove him into one of the room, taking his gun.
"What's your name?" Cody asks, his voice loud. The guy shakes his head, showing that he won't be answering anything. "Who's running this?" Again, nothing. Cody looks at me and shrugs. "He's loyal, which is good. Kill him." And I do just that with just the pull of a trigger.

AN: His devilish side, requested by: A few of you guys so I'm not going to list all of you. Comment what you think will happen and a side of him or her you want to see next!!! Share! Thank you for 1.19k reads! Stay alive |-/ -Veah