Stronger Than The Needle

Draven's POVThe urge to plunge that needle into my arm is growing stronger and stronger as I look at it

Draven's POV
The urge to plunge that needle into my arm is growing stronger and stronger as I look at it. Going out tonight isn't a good idea, but Tori is forcing me to go so can try and meet someone. What she doesn't understand is that the only one I want is back in town, but I can't have. She's more addictive than the heroine ever was.
A loud knock on the door makes me jump. I put the needle back where I hide it and go to open the door. Tori, Jax, Cata, and Noah walk in. Her eyes looks around and a small smile makes its way to her face when she sees nothing has changed since the last time she was here. That had been an interesting night.
"Let's get going," I say. Everyone nods and I follow them out. I'm a total mess. When I see Noah wrap his arm around her waist, my blood runs cold. Having a gun in my pocket is very noticeable to me right now.
×××××××
Some random girl is dancing against me while my hands rest on her waist. I'm just tired and want to go home. The type of mood I have to be in for this, definitely isn't what I'm in.
Tori taps my arm as she stands in front of me with Jax, her boyfriend. "You look like your gonna be sick," she says. I take my hands off of the girls waist, signaling for her to leave.
"I'm just not in the mood for this," I tell her. Jax and Tori both look over to the corner where Cata and Noah are. The smile on her face is like a bullet wound to the heart but I won't die, instead I just keep feeling the pain.
"Maybe you should go," Tori says. "And I'll call you tomorrow to check up on you." I nod and turn to walk out. Just as I'm walking out, so is Cata in a rush. When she gets outside and closer to the car, she runs her hands through her hair and takes deep breaths. I stop in front of her.
"You okay?" I ask. She opens her mouth to say something but quickly closes it cause she knows what she was about to say was a lie. I can tell when she's lying to me. My eyes drop back down to her hand again, seeing the ring not there hurts like holy hell.
"Ray, he was there. I-I seen him and started panicking cause fl-flashbacks," she tells me. I step closer to her and she doesn't move back.
"You still getting the nightmares?" I ask. She nods. "I'm sorry you still have to deal with that. Does Noah know-"
"Yeah, but he um, he just kind of ignores it," she says. My jaw clenches. "Why the hell do I still feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack?" She says as she squeezes her eyes closed.
"You wanna leave? Forget about what just happened and clear your head for a little bit. We'll be back before they leave," I say. She looks back at the house then at me again.
"Sure."
××××××
        "The waters pretty," I say as we sit at the waters edge. He took me to the place we went the night I agreed to go out with him last year. Draven looks over at me.
    "Yeah," he says, tugging at the sleeves of his jacket. He's always hayed jackets. Even when it was snowing, he wouldn't wear one.
    "Since when do you wear jackets?" He shrugs. "Are you okay? Your not...acting like yourself." He scuffs.
    "You've been gone for a year, people change, baby girl," he says. He says it as if its my fault for leaving.
    "You ended things with me. Why are upset with me? I didn't have a choice, Raven," I tell him. He runs his hands through his hair and stands up.
   "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself," he says. I move my hand to fiddle with the ring by habit, but remember its no longer there.
    "Please tell me what's wrong! Did you hurt someone? Did you-"
     "I've many people in the course of a year," he says. "I don't know what this is doing to me, my dads business or gang, I don't know what call it. Its like a life stealer, you're no longer yourself. The only thing I had that was keeping me alive was you, but then you left," he tells me, his voice cracking. "Then the only thing that made me feel like you did, was that damn needle. Getting that high, it made me forget about you, finding my dads killer, everything."
    I stand up and take his hands in mine. "What was it? The drug, what was it?" I ask him. He mumbles something I can't understand. "Louder."
    "Heroine," he tells me. I blink back tears.
     "You can't, don't do that again," I say, my forehead resting against his chest. "You could die and-" I can't finish talking cause I start crying. "Find something that's stronger than that needle. Something that's not killer. Please."
     "I found something that was much stronger than a needle, he says, looking down at me. "But it left and moved on."

AN: Hehehe. Someone wanted to know how he was doing after she gave the ring back to him, I forgot your username (it started with a K...I think). This shows that hopefully. COMMENT A SIDE OF HIM OR HER YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT!! Share! Thank you for 2.40k reads ❤. Stay alive |-/      -Veah