Priorities Straight

Cata's POV
The sound of the bedroom door opening makes me take the fun out from under the pillow. Draven keeps it there in case of emergency. I shoot up, pointing it out ahead of me. Draven outs his hands up with a grin.
"Good to know you take your safety seriously," he says as he takes the gun from me and puts it in my dresser. I forgot I gave him a key. "I want to talk," he says, his voice softening.
"Okay."
"I want to have dinner tonight. We can make dinner here and invite your parents. I'm sorry that I keep blowing you off," he says. His hands slowly slip around my waist. I rest my head in his chest.
"Please don't let me down on this," I say. He kisses nu forehead and pulls away to look at me.
"I won't," he tells me. I lean up and kiss bin softly on the lips. I'm still in the same see through nightgown from last night, the thin fabric making it easy to feel him against me. "I love you."
"I love you." Surprising me, he picks me up and lays me on the bed.
"You in the mood?" He asks. I smile as I nod. He takes his shirt off, revealing his perfect chest and abs. Sitting up and moving to the edge of the bed, I undo his belt and pants, letting them fall with his boxers. My hands grazes his dick as I drop my hands back to my side.
Laying back down, I find myself feeling tired. He gets able me, not giving me his full weight. He grips my waist so tight it hurts, but I don't care cause the pain is somehow pleasurable.
"Please," I beg. We haven't been intimate in over a month due to work. Gently, he pushes into me. My hands clench his back.
×××××
He puts my leg over his, his hand, trailing as he does so. I take my lips from his and take deep breaths. "That was nice," I mumble. He chuckles and nuzzles his face in my neck. I run my fingers through his hair.
"Are you happy you have that gun now?" He asks. I shake my head. "You looked good with it."
×××××
Draven puts the broccoli into the steamer as I boil the noodles. My parents are talking about something with Tori and Jax. Both of them are excited about their engagement. I can't help but winder if that'll ever happen with Draven. Sure, he gave me the promise ring, but he hasn't brought up the subject of marriage since.
"Where'd younger the scar from?" My dad asks Draven. He tenses at the question. They still don't get along at all. My mom is fine with out relationship thought and is grateful that he makes me happy.
"Fight," Draven replies. Its not a complete lie. I still remember when he came to me the night he got it and was as pale as a ghost. He had gotten a knife thrown at him and it cut deep. He was bleeding so bad I was scared I'd loose him, but he refused to go to the hospital.
"I didn't see you in church this Sunday," my dad says. I bite down on my lip.
"I know and I'm sorry. I had a signing and couldn't get out of it. I'll be there next weekend though," I say. He gives me a smile. Draven's phone goes off and Marks contact comes up. Draven rushes over and answers it, going into the bedroom.
"Are you and him okay?" My mom asks as Tori comes over and my dad sits on the couch. I shrug.
"You don't look happy," Tori points out. The bedroom door opens and Draven comes out. He gestures for me to in there with him. He closes the door behind us.
"We got a lead in wear Tig is," he tells me. For a second, I hope that's all he wanted to say. "I have to go with them to check out the spot."
"When?" I try and sound like this isn't bothering me.
"Right now," he says, sounding pained to say that.
"Drav-"
"I have to do this. Its impo-"
"Damnit, I know its important. But I've ignored how much this whole thing has come between us. I feel like alone. You said this morning that-"
"That was before I knew this," he says. I move out of the way.
"Go. Go run off and let me down again," I snap. He takes a deep breath and looks up at the ceiling. "Oh now your hesitating?"
"No, I'm leaving," he says. I swallow down the lump that appears in my throat.
"I can't wait for the day when you realize how much you screwed this up," I say, leaning against the door. His brows draw together.
"What do you mean?"
"I need a break. This isn't healthy for me. I feel like I'm in a one way relationship unless were having sex. When you get your priorities straight, then we talk."

AN: Interesting ending 😈. Comment what you think will happen!! Thank you for 3.07k reads❤. Share! Stay alive |-/ -Veah