I'm Sorry

Cata's POV
I wake up to an empty bed, Draven side cold; indicating he got up awhile ago. A strong wave of nausea comes over me. I run to the bathroom and throw up technically nothing. Last night, I didn't get to eat dinner for obvious reason and even now when I think about eating, I don't want to.
What Draven said last night repeats like a broken CD in my head. There was no way for me to know I was pregnant since I was told there was no possibility of that being possible, and I had no symptoms. As for risking it and climbing through a window, I was desperate. Would he have rather me go through the front door and risk getting shot?
I couldn't just stay home after reading the truth and not try to stop him. The truth would have came out eventually and he would beat himself up over killing someone innocent. He would have also found out that I knew and would be upset that I didn't try to stop him. There was two ways this could have gone, and I went the way I thought was best and safer.
I hear the bedroom door open as I sit with my back to the wall, taking deep breaths. The nauseous feeling hasn't passed, so I don't get up. I mean back over the toilet and dry heave, my body trying to empty, but unable to. Tears flood my eyes at the pain. I place my hand on my stomach as this continues.
A soft knock cokes from the door, but I can't look. I'm expecting him to do something, run his hand down my back like he has been with mornings like this, but he walks away. Finally it passes and I can get up and brush my teeth.
My body aches from dry heaving. Making my way to the living room, Draven doesn't say anything. I sit down on the couch next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. He takes a deep breath and gets up. Maybe its just the hormones, but my eyes tear up.
"I'm sorry," I mumble under my breath.
"What?" He asks, his eyes hard and guarded as he looks down at me.
"I'm sorry for whatever I did," I say. "I didn't mean to do whatever has you upset with me." I wipe away a tear.
"You should have just let me kill him and believe that this is all over. Six years I've spent trying to find this bastard and you tell me he didn't kill my father, and he's still alive. Why couldn't you have just let me think I finished this?"
I stand up, wincing rather loudly. "I couldn't let you do that cause-"
"Cause that's your father-"
"Cause I know you, and you would regret killing him for something he didn't do. He isn't my father, by blood maybe, but that doesn't matter. Your my husband and I have to make sure you don't make mistakes like that when I know something about it."
He squeezes his eyes shut and walks to the kitchen. "Have you ate anything?" He asks. I don't answer, just look down at my wedding ring. The business changes them. A sharp pain comes from my lower stomach, but it's bearable. "Catalina."
I turn around at my full name, knowing he's not in the mood for me ignoring him. "No, I haven't ate. I will in a little bit." With that I stand and go back to the room.
×××××
"That was interesting," James says as we sit down on a bench. "Never in a million years did I see Tori marrying my brother of all people. They hated each other." I smile at him.
"Obviously not anymore," I say. He picks up my left hand and look at it with wide eyes.
"I've been gone too long. What the hell is that?" This time it's forced.
"Wedding ring. Draven and I got married," I tell him, releasing a deep breath. "We didn't have a wedding or anything, just eloped." He sits back.
"I bet your dad wasn't too happy about that." I nod. "Imagine him actually accepting the marriage though." We both try not to laugh at the thought, but we can't help it.
"I swear, he doesn't like anything I choose to do when it comes to my relationship. I'm surprised he even said congratulations when we found out I'm pregnant." He gasps loudly, looking at me with wide, surprised eyes.
"This is brand new information!" He says with a smile. I laugh. "Congratulations. Is Draven happy?"
"Yeah." And I don't know if that's the truth anymore.
××××
I close the door and lock it, my body worn out from the long day. When I get to the room, Draven is asleep on his side, but clenching my pillow. I take out the box from under the bed and look at the letter before breaking down in tears. The worst is when you have to be silent about it when all you want to do is scream.
I set the box down and lay down next him, placing my hand in his waist and cuddling against him. Maybe it's just cause he's asleep, he wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer.

AN: Comment what you think will happen!!! Share!! Stay alive |-/ -Veah