Patiently Waiting

Catalina's POV      James sits down and sets my coffee in front of me

             Catalina's POV
      James sits down and sets my coffee in front of me. "Thank you," I say. He gives a quick smile. I turn around to get out my books, but he stops me.
     "I didn't call you here for that," he says. I turn my body so I'm facing him again. "Have you seen him?" He asks. I know exactly what he's talking about and I wish I didn't. Slowly, I nod. "When?"
     "The other day when we were at the park, he was sitting at bench. This is too small of a town," I say, staring intensely at him. He sucks in his cheeks as he takes a deep breath. "I'm scared. Between him and Ray in one town, I don't know how much longer I can take it this time." 
    He tilts his head to the side and studies me for a second, his eyes narrowing as he looks at me. "We could leave for the weekend and go my dads winter house. We haven't gone there in two years, so I doubt he'll mind," he says.
    "I'll think about it. Thank you," I say. He gives me a small smile. My dad is still on Kale; my brother. People always talk about having fights with their brother, but this is different. He was physically and mentally abusive. He's the reason why I'm so shy, insecure, and don't eat as much as I should. When he left for college, I was ecstatic cause after he was done, he was going to leave for a job in Washington. But that didn't happen and now he's back. "You know what, yeah I'll go. I have to get out of here for a little bit."
    He smiles and takes a drink of his coffee. "You okay?" He asks. I shrug.
    "I'm just tired," I tell him. It isn't a complete lie. I'm exhausted.
    "Of what?" He knows me too well. I force a small smile.
    "Everything. I wanted to rip my sisters hair from the roots because she was saying I should get a boob job and that I didn't have a nice body. Don't comment on that please, she's just so aggregating sometimes. And now Kale's back and my anxiety is back and maybe worse. I miss Nicky," I tell him. "I'm just patiently waiting for the day I stop breathing." He places his hand on mine.
    "Don't say that. I've watched you go through hell before and it hurt me. I can't let that happen again, Cata. I love you," he says.
    "I love you too."
     ××××××××

      "What time should Tori be here?" James asks as he comes back into the living room in a T-shirt and black sweats

    "What time should Tori be here?" James asks as he comes back into the living room in a T-shirt and black sweats. I look up from the bowl of brownie contents.
    "In a few minutes," I say. He comes over and grabs a pan under the counter and set it next to bowl. He pours the contexts into the pan and puts the spoon he used in my nose, getting chocolate on it.
   I giggle and smear some on his face. Someone clears their throat, stopping our laughing. Tori and Draven stand next to the door with odd looks on their faces. I set the spoon back in the bowl and wipe the chocolate off my nose.
    "I thought you said you wouldn't be here for a few more minutes?" I ask Tori, adverting my eyes from Draven. Of looks could kill, he would have already brutally murdered James.
     "We got here early obviously. Kale came and seen me," she says. My stomach drops at the mention of his name. The only person who knew about what Kale did was James.
    "And?" James places his hand on the small of my back. I calm a little.
   "He said he wanted to have dinner and get together with the family," she says. I inhale a sharp breath; it almost hurts. "So on Saturday we're all having dinner."
    "I can't," I say, looking up at James to help me with this. "I'm leaving with him for the weekend." Draven's fists clench as he glare hardens. "Can you help me with something for a minute?" I ask. Slowly, he looks at me and starts towards the hall for me to follow him.
    I take his hand and pull hon into my room, locking the behind us. He turns towards me. "Is there something wrong?" He asks sarcastically. I want to jump his bones right now for some reasons. He looks extremely attractive when he's mad.
    "Are you okay?" I ask him. I wish mg voice wasn't so soft right now. He tucks his hands in his pockets, just to take them out and cross his arms again.
    "Well the way he's looking at you is kind of setting me off and I'm scared that if I go back out there, I'll rip his throat out and go back to prison," he says, finishing with a sweet smile. I walk over to him, but don't touch him.
    "There is nothing going on with him and I anymore. I chose you," I tell him. He steps close to me and cups the back of my back.
    "Your mine," he says, his expression serious. "You got that, or do I have to show you again?" I can't fight off the grin that takes place on my face.
    "Y-you're welcome to show me again," I mumble. He pressing his crotch against me.
     "I would, but I don't want your sister or douchebag hearing," he says before leaning down and kissing me. "Are you really leaving with him for the weekend?"
    "Yes," I answer. His shoulders slump. "But nothing will happen, I promise and I just- I really need to get out if here for awhile." He kisses my forehead before unlocking the door.
    "If he tries anything his family better start planning a funeral."

AN: please comment a side him you want to see!!! Comment and share!! Stay alive |-/      -Veah