Always Creeps Back

Cata's POV      Tori and I laugh as she finishes telling a story about her boyfriend, Jax

               Cata's POV
      Tori and I laugh as she finishes telling a story about her boyfriend, Jax. They have the kind if relationship girls dream about. He liked her when they were in school, but she always seen him as a friend.
    Draven holds my hand under the table, making small hearts on my skin. Our eyes are locked and I'm smiling. Someone shakes my shoulders from behind me, scaring me. I see Draven tense in front of me. We all turn around and see Ray and one of his friends. Him and Nicky didn't fast long after she found out about the pictures.
    My heart beats fast in my chest as look at him. "Look who it is. I would have thought you left by now," he says. His voice is the same skin shedding voice that haunts my dreams.
    "And why would you think that?" Tori snaps at him. He smirks at me.
   "You always hated this town, always wanted to get out of here so you wouldn't be a doll for your parents. How's Kale doing?" He asks me. I look down. "I talk to him a few days ago; we're planning on meeting up. We should hang out soon, remember all the fun we used to have?" My eyes begin to water as the memories scream out in my head.
   Draven stands, taking his hand out of mine. "I think you should leave if you know what's goof for you," he tells Ray, his jaw and fists clenching. Tori grabs my arm as if to contain herself.
   "Awe, you still fucking around with her too? I thought you'd get bored eventually​. She's not that attractive anyways. Personalities shit. You goof you got out while you could-"
    I stand up and storm out of the fast food restaurant. "Who was that?" Noah asks me. I wish he hadn't followed me.
   "That was Ray, my ex," I say. The look that appears on his face shows he knows what ex I'm talking about. "I have to leave-"
    "Your not going to move on from this if you keep running-"
   "I can't believe you just said that," I say. Looking back inside, Ray throws a punch at Draven. I run past Noah and inside, knowing what will happen. Draven will end up killing someone in a Taco Bell.
    Draven slams him into a wall. "If you ever touch her again I won't hesitate to kill you." Ray shoves Draven off.
   "Just like you did Johnathan? And your father?" The look in Draven's eyes even scares me. He steps towards Ray but I get in front of him. I rest my hands on his chest and force him to look down at me.
    "Don't," I tell him. He looks at Noah as if he's thinking about something and rushes out.
    ×××××
     I stare blankly at the wall in front of me. The door to my room opens and Noah walks in. "Tori wants me to go with her to something out of the garage," he says. I don't say anything, and hear the door close.
    The sad empty feeling comes back to me. It always creeps back. "Hey," a deep, comforting voice says. Turning to my other side, in see Draven. There dry blood in his lower lop from getting hit. He takes a gun and knife out of his pocket and lays down beside me. I rest my head in his chest. "Are you okay?" Tears slip.
    "No," I say. He squeeze me to him. "Everything he says seems so true. And between him now and what Kale constantly does to me, I can't deal with this!" His brows draw together.
    "What does he do to you?" I don't hesitate with telling him since Kale is in another state.
    "He abuses me. It only used to be emotional, but now it's changed. The physical abuse gets worse and worse," I tell him. His fists clench. He kisses my forehead and i kiss the area under his chin.
    The door to my room opens And Noah comes back in.

AN: short chapter but cliffhanger. Comment and share! Stay alive |-/                -Veah