Walls As High As Towers

Catalina's POV
A loud knock comes from my door. Usually my parents or Tori never knock, they just walk in, thinking that I never need privacy. "Come in," I say as I put on the cover up.
The door opens and Draven stands at the door with a surprised expression. "Can I help you?" I ask, my heart beat picking up. He clears his throat.
"No, um...Tori told me just to come in and to to her old room. Wasn't this her-"
"Yeah, it was, but when she moved out we traded rooms. She should be here in about twenty minutes," I tell him. He nods and goes to leave. "I don't think it would be a good idea to be in the living room in case my parents come home earlier than expected." He looks at the floor, shifting back and forth on his feet uncomfortably. "You can stay in here until she comes. I'm leaving in a little bit."
"Thank you," he says. His voice is deep in a very very attractive way. "You going on a date?" He asks me. I nod. "Be careful." I turn towards him.
"Why?" I ask. He shrugs. "Is there a certain reason I should be careful?"
"Some guys only want one thing from girls like you. If I were you, I would be careful and put a lock as a belt," he tells me. My eyes widen. That's the last thing I was expecting.
"I know," I mumble and look at myself in the mirror. "This might sound weird, but does this look okay?" I ask. His eyes stay on my face, obviously feeling awkward.
"Its nice," he says, his voice rough. I look back at myself. "But it doesn't seem like something you as your own person would wear." My shoulders slump.
"And how am I supposed to change that?" I ask. He smirks.
"I'm not a fashion expert, but I can tell you don't feel comfortable in that. Plus its hot, so you might not want all the layers."
He points over at my closet. "Go ahead." He walks over and searches through it. I can't help but feel awkward right now. He hands me come things. "Thank you."
××××××

I come out of the bathroom and look at myself in my mirror. "Well this is definitely something I'm not used to." Since when do I have this shirt?
Turning around, he looks at me with a smile; it meets his eyes. "That looks better." I smile gratefully at him and sigh.
"So, are you and my sister together, friends?" I ask. His cheeks flush pink.
"Just friends, its been that way since we were kids and that's not gonna change," he says. I nod along with his words. My phone goes off and I pick it up.
James: Outside!
I grab my bag and put my phone inside. "Thank you for helping me," I say. He shrugs.
"Welcome."
××××××××
Later on the date
The cold fall, almost winter, air brushes against my chest as James and I walk on the beach. We used to this in middle school after we'd get done studying. The whole date as been very awkward and I've been off.
"This was nice, but it felt kind of odd," he says, finally breaking the silence. I chuckle nodding. He stops walking, making me stop. "If I kiss you right now, will you slap me?" He asks.
I look down at the sand, blushing probably a million different shades of red. "No, I wouldn't," I reply. He smiles and leans in. As soon as his lips meet mine, my almost give out. I've waited for this moment for years, and it's actually happening right now.
He pulls back to breath and looks into my eyes. He comes back in, but this tone is more sure. His hand skims across the bare area of my side where my shirt ends. It goes under, getting dangerously close to my bra.
I tense against him as he pulls me closer. His smooth hand gropes me; it almost hurts. At the slight pain, I'm brought​ back to the night with my ex, Ray. No matter how many times I said no, he didn't stop until he was pleased.
"Stop," I say. He draws out my bottom lip as he pulls away, but doesn't remove his hand. "I don't-"
"Come on, don't you trust me?" He says in a soft, almost whisper. "It would be fun. Come on. What's the harm?" I yank myself away from him.
"A lot of harm can be done. Goodbye."
×××××××
When I get to the porch, my parents still aren't home and Draven is smoking a cigarette. I walk up the steps, tears still trying to spill. "How'd it go?" He asks me.
I don't look up at him. "It was great," I answer, my voice cracking. He places his middle and index fingers under my chin, making me look up at him. He gives me a sympathetic look, but not one with pity.
"What happened?" He asks. I swallow down the lump in the throat.
"You were right about him wanting one thing," I choke out. His expression becomes angers as his jaw and fists clench.
"Did he touch you?" He asks through clenched teeth. I nod, looking out at the street. "I'm stupid."
"No, your not," he says, "he is. A guy shouldn't treat a girl like some sex toy." He burns out the cigarette and throws it in the trash that's next to the door.
"I know that I'm not the one in the wrong, but I'm stupid to think that he was different," I say. Draven takes a step closer to me, looking down at me, the porch light making his eyes brighter.
"Not all guys are the same. One day you'll meet someone and you'll realize you've just had bad luck."
×××××××
Draven's POV
I want to take her hand, but that doesn't seem to be a good idea. Her eyes shine as she looks up at me. It must suck to have the boy you've had feeling for to just want sex, especially when that person was your friend.
A tear escapes her eyes as she looks away from me. Hesitantly, I wipe away the she'd tear with the pad of my thumb, my hand cupping the side of her face. The door opens, making me step back and remove my hand.
"Your home," Tori says as she sees her little sister. Catalina forces a smile, eyes still watery. I can tell she's built up walls that are as high as towers and will be hard for anyone to knock down. "How'd it go?"
She looks up a me for a split second. "Great."

AN: Longer chapter. The date didn't go that well, but brought Draven and Cata closer. Comment a side of him or her you want to see!!! (Protective? Jealous? Not seductive cause they aren't together). Share! Stay alive |-/ -Veah