Get You Out Of My Mind

Draven's POV     Tori and I meet up in front of the school after the graduation ceremony

Draven's POV
Tori and I meet up in front of the school after the graduation ceremony. The last thing I want is to see Cata, but I want to say goodbye before she leaves.
"What's wrong with you? You seem off? Not depressed, but very sad," Tori says, her eyes narrowing as she studies me.
"I broke up with Cata," I say. Her eyes widen. "Cause I know she's going to find someone later on in California and I don't want to hold her back-"
"Are you drunk?" She asks. I shake my head frantically, making my head hurt. "You are. Holy shit. What are thin- Hi mom, dad. Cata, Congratulations!" She hugs her sister.
"Thank you," she says. Her voice sounds so distant. I lean against the tree. I nearly fall, but Tori grabs my arm. For some reason I laugh. Cata looks at me with pain filled eyes.
"Congratulations, beautiful," I slur with a smirk. Cata looks confused now. Mr.Roses eyes widen.
"Are you drunk?" He asks me. I scuff, laughing lightly. Tori and Cata both look at me with nervous expressions.
"No, why would I do that? I mean sure, I just broke up with your daughter, who I'm so in love with, because I know she's gonna find someone better than me. So yeah, maybe I did drink something to help make it easier to come here and see her."
"Draven-"
"Truth be told, I did. I drank a lot; and last night too, to get her off my mind cause god damn it gives me a headache. And its not even the inappropriate, sexual things I think about. Its just her in general. And I know you don't like me, but damn do I love her-"
"Draven!" She yells at me. I look over at her, shutting up. "Let's go. I'll drive you cause I don't want you getting a DUI," She says. I nod, looking at her and hand her my keys. "I'll be home soon."
She grabs my hand and pulls me to my truck. Even though I've had this for so long, I've never been on the passenger side. She gets in and take a deep breath. "You're so stupid," she says, tears running down her face.
"Why?" I slur. She laughs.
"You actually think that one day, I'll find someone who can deal with me? You're the only one who hasn't judged me when they found out about my depression, believed me when I said I was raped. You were the only one to see beyond the perfect angel my parents make me be. You loved me and then you broke me."
I look at my hands, tears making their way. "I didn't know that it hurt you that much." She leans over until her lips are almost on mine.
"I love you, so much Draven," she says before pressing our lips together. My eyes stay open to see hers close and her body relax. She pulls away slowly.
"I love you, but I can't let you wait," I say and take the promise ring out of my pocket. "Take it back. When you stop thinking about me, then take it off."
××××××
A year later
Catalina's POV
"That book sucks!" Noah says as he looks at my book. I close it and put it back in my bag.
"Your not the one reading it," I say as I stand and kiss him briefly. He smiles and sits down in front of me. "How was classes?" I ask. He shrugs.
"Fine. Someone in back of me was sick, so watch out," he says. "What about you? Did you pass that test?" He kisses my hand and grins at me.
"I did very well, considering how I thought it was going to go," I tell him. He smiles proudly. I can't help but stare into his brown eyes. His handsome with the short dark hair, almond eyes, glasses, and nice jaw.
"You're staring," he says with a blush. He's one if those boys who's attractive, but doesn't know it.
"I can't help it," I mumble. He leans over and kisses me softly. He knows when to be rough, and when to be soft; he's amazing. I'm scared to fall back in love, but with him I can't help it. When I look at him, I sink deeper and deeper. Pretty soon, I'll be far from the surface. "Can we go? As much as I love it here, I need to lay down." He stands and picks my book up. I guess it didn't stay in my bag. He takes my hand and helps me up.
As I get my bag, I can feel his eyes on me. "What?" I ask with a smile.
"Your just so beautiful."
××××××
"Sleep," I whine. The middle of the night is when he gets all his energy. And he's always wondering why he's so tired in the morning. He shakes his head and keeps writing on the computer. He's a major in creative fighting and history like me.
I get up from my bed and stride over to him. I wrap my arms around his neck from behind and kiss the top of his head. "Please, baby. Just until I fall asleep. I'll cuddle with you." He looks up at me from the screen. I'm usually too tired to cuddle when he stays the night, same when I'm at his apartment. Thankfully, my roommate is out of town for the week and we can spend some time together without having to worry about our studies.
He close the computer and stands. "Just because I want to hold you," he says as he gets in beside me. I rest my head in his chest and give a light peck on the collarbone. "You like this?" He asks Ashe pulls me closer.
"Yeah, I like being so close to you," I mumble. "I'm sorry I'm always too tired to stay up and do things like this. I love talking to you." He bends down and kisses me the best he can.
"I love it too. Just think of this. One day, we'll be laying in bed that's ours, in a apartment that's ours. Having a life together. We can have as many middle of the night conversations we want and cook organic brownies at one on the morning."
I giggle at the organic thing. "I love you," I find myself saying. He smiles, showing his all too perfect teeth.
"I love you." My eyes drop to the ring on my finger. The ring Draven gave me a year ago. I take it off.
"Can you out this on my night stand?" I ask. He does as asked and turns the lamp off as we'll. Without the run, it feels odd, but also right. I've found someone who makes me happy again. Who puts a real smile on my face and makes me feel like I'm the one girl he's ever loved.
"Good night, love." My eyes close and I slowly drift off to sleep.