Pictures Say A Thousand Words

Catalina's POV
I stare blankly at my food in front of me while poking it with my fork. The empty feeling that was once placed it me, now feels permanent. James nudges me with his elbow to get my attention.
"Eat before I have to shove it down your throat. You know I will," he says. Sighing, I take a bite of the steamed broccoli; the taste that I usually love puts a sick feeling on my stomach.
"How's school going?" Mr. Serenity asks me. I force a smile.
"Good," I answer, not wanting to get in a conversation about it. My cheat feels heavy and my head hurts. My mom and I make eye contact. I almost start crying, but blink the tears back.
"Your so beautiful. Have you started dating yet?" James's mom asks me. She knew about James and I, but I know what she means.
"Um, no. I'm just gonna focus on school for now," I tell her. My mom tilts her head to the side as she studies me. "Excuse me for a second," I say as I get up.
As soon as the bathroom door closes, tears spill from my eyes. I can see feel Draven's loving touch as if he's grazing my skin right now. What I did was for the best, that I know for sure, but my feelings are screaming at me that I've made a mistake.
I wipe my shed tears away carefully, making sure that its not obvious when I come out. When I step out, my mom is standing there with her arms crossed. "Is everything okay?" She asks me. I nod, swallowing down the lump in my throat.
"Yeah, I just don't feel that well. This weather might be getting to me," I say. She takes my hand and pulls em to her and my dad's room. She closes the door and looks at me with a serious expression.
"Tell me the truth," she says. I look down and let a tear fall.
"I broke up with Draven," I crack out the best I can. Saying it makes it so much for real. "I didn't want to, but I had to-"
"Why? Why did you-"
"I can't say why. Just trust me when I say that this has nothing to do with something he did to me. He's never hurt me or put me in any sort of pain. What happened was stupid, but it happened for a reason."
She takes my hand again and let's me cry. "You really loved him didn't you?" She asks. I let out a sob as I no, tears coming like a river. I lay down on the bed and and cry into her pillow. She rubs my back, trying to sooth me, but it doesn't work.
"It feels like I can't breath. There's this emptiness and it hurts," I force out. She stands and offers me her hand.
"Come on. Let's get you in your bed so you can rest," she says. I nod and get up. My knees feel shaky.
××××××
School is the same, but different. The voices have returned from Ray's little possy. I've always trued to ignore them, but the things their saying are going to my head.
"She looks like a child." "Even makeup couldn't help that." "Ray should hit it again."
I wake away from my locker and to class. The girls that hang around Ray give me disgusted looks and mumble something. I make my way to the back, taking a seat closest to the window.
James comes in and finds me. "What the hell did you do?" He says louder than he was expecting it to be. I raise a brow. "I thought you were with Draven. Not hooking with with football team," he adds. My heart beat picks up.
"James, what are you talking about? Please, tell me," I beg. He hands me his phone, showing me a picture that is me. My hand flies to my mouth as I nearly gasp loudly.
Its a picture of me, nearly completely naked at the top, but competently bare at the bottom. Its from the night at the hospital, when he tried to rape me again. It looks like I'm smiling and touching my breasts, but in reality I was calling wincing in pain and trying to cover myself while fighting him off the best I could.
"How'd you get this?" I ask him.
"Carrie sent it to Nicky, and Nicky sent it to me. I don't know who sent it to Carrie," he says. Tears escape my eyes. "Is that from the night-"
"At the hospital, yes. I wasn't smiling, or touching myself; he made it look like that. I didn't even notice he had a phone out," I say. He squeezes my hand and deletes the picture from his phone. "Did you really think-"
"It looks convincing, you can't argue that," he says. He's not wrong, if I were him I would have thought it was pleasure instead of pain too.
"I need to get out of here," I say under my breath. He stands up, grabbing his bag and looking down at me.
"Well let's go before the teacher shows "

AN: Poor Cata, first breaking up with Draven, now this. Get your tissues cause the next few chapters aren't dandy in a pumpkin patch. Comment your thought and what you think will happen!!! Share! Stay alive |-/ -Veah