Disapproval

One month later
            Draven's POV
    We're all tense and shaking nervously as we sit next to each other in the church. I thought I would burn to ash when I walked in. Her parents look at us expectedly, her dad glaring me down. "One of you need to start talking," Tori says, uncrossing her arms.
   "And why are we in a church for this?" Mrs.Rose asks. I look down at Cata, knowing she's still probably not feeling good. She woke io this morning feeling sick to her stomach and the feeling hasn't gone away.
    "Cause you can't kill me here," I say. Mr.Rose tilts his chin up, folding his hands together.  "I proposed a month ago, and she said yes." I run my hand up and down her back slowly.
   "You said yes to him?" Her dad asks her trying to contain his anger. She nods slowly, taking in a sharp breath. "I can't believe you. This is the most disappointed I've been in you for a long ti-"
   "He makes me happy dad," she says. "Shouldn't that be enough? Sure, he doesn't go to church, he has a dirty record, but I love him. Can't you just accept that and be happy for me?"
    Her skin under my hand is hot. "Love, you okay?" I ask. She nods, not looking at me. My phone is going off but I ignore it.
   "I love you, therefore, I want what's best for you. He is no it. He has a record, he's lucky to somehow have a good job. You could have someone so much more, to love you the way you should be loved-"
   "Hey, don't do that. Never degrade my love for her," I say. He sighs.
   "People like you aren't capable of love. I told you to stay away from my girls at one point." I laugh.
   "In my defence, we weren't together then. She was doing anything in her power to keep me at arms distance," I tell him. "I'm in love with your daughter and I know that she won't feel right marrying me if we don't get your approval."
   He steps forward, getting in my face. "If you do get married, I'll be waiting for it to burn down to ash." He looks at Cata who is hurt by his words. She looks pale.
   "Dad, please-"
   "I won't let you throw your life away." She takes a deep breath. Her mom and Tori stay quiet. She turns around and walks out of the church. I follow her and see her get in the truck. Getting in, she looks over at me when the door closes.
   "I'm so tired," she says.
   "We could go home for a little bit and you can sleep." She let's out a sob, crying now.
   "No, I'm tired of everything. The pain, anxiety, everything, Raven. I can't deal with it anymore." I lean over the thing between is and loop into her eyes.
   "I'm here for you, baby. Nothing that is going on, can't hurt you. I'll never let you fall alone," I tell her. She gives me a smile I can tell is forced. "If it makes you feel better, I didn't burn and go to hell when I went in there."
   "I told you that bible would help." I lean in and kiss her softly. She sighs and pulls back. "Let's just do it," she says.
   "What?" I ask, getting a little nervous.
   "Get married. You were right, the only way I'd marry you is if we got his approval and we didn't. Let's elope." I can't help but smile.
  "Okay."
×××××
       Cata slowly wakes up, her eyes scamming the room. Ever since we moved in together two weeks go, I've enjoyed waking up to her and going to bed beside her ever day and morning.
   She looks at me, smiling softly. "Hi."
    "Hello, Mrs.Century." She bites down on her lip and kisses my neck. My phone starts ringing. She reaches over and looks at the of before handing it to me.
   "What's up?" I ask.
   "I've been trying to get ahold of you for hours. Someone came and shot up the wearhouse," Cody tells me. I groan and watch as Cata gets up and walks to the bathroom. Hot damn she's so beautiful, even in sweats and my sweat shirt.
    "What the hell do you mean? Is everyone okay?"
    "We're all good except for the fact they took Kieran and Raf," he tells me. We took one of theirs, now they took ours.
   "I'll figure something out." Cata comes out just as I hang up. She lays back down on her stomach and gives me smile. "They look Raf." Her eyes widen.
   "Oh my gosh," she gasps. "You guys don't know where he could be?" I shake my head.
    "We don't know Tig's hideout right​ now," I tell her.
   "I know my Dad and I aren't on the best terms, bit I can't help but wonder if he knows anything. If he stayed in contact for whole after." I lay closer to her.
    "I would never ask you to confront him about this. It wouldn't be fair of me." She runs her fingers through my hair.
    "I know, but I am."

AN: They eloped, now introducing Mr and Mrs Century! Comment how you feel about her dad!! Share! Stay alive |-/                 -Veah