3| Daddy Daughter Day

Danielle

"Okay, who is your favorite defenseman" Patrick quizzes me.

"Current or past" I wonder.

"Past" Patrick says.

"Obviously Bobby Orr comes to mind. Anyone who takes a cup from the Blues is naturally my favorite. But growing up watching my grandpa coach the Red Wings I have to say Nicklas Lidstrom is one of my favorites" I admit.

"You watched the 97 Red Wings" he asks a bit surprised.

"I was there when they won it. I have a picture with Yzerman and the cup" I smirk and his eyes go big.

"That's awesome" he nods.

We sit on the couch in the living room with my cousins and watch Disney channel. I hate to admit I would probably still be watching it if they weren't here. There are some good shows on here. We continue to play 21 questions, although we were well over that, and just enjoy being around one another.

There's a knock on the door and Stan comes quickly running down the stairs.

"I got it" he yells a bit too excitedly. I look at Patrick but he just shrugs. The door opens and there's a bunch of commotion but I ignore it. I turn back to the tv and watch whatever is on. People come over all the time so this wasn't all that unusual.

"There's my Tiny Dancer" a deep voice says and I whip my head around. There stood my dad in full uniform with his arms wide open. He looked tired but I didn't care, I missed him.

"Daddy" I scream jumping off the couch and into his arms. I squeeze him tight as the tears fall steadily.

"Oh baby, I've missed you so much. You look great" he whispers in my ear. I just cry as he rubs my back.

"How" I ask.

"A little birdy told me you really missed me and I had a lay over so I moved it to Chicago. I had to stop by to see my favorite girl" he claims.

"You're leaving again" I ask.

"I am. But not before a Hawks game like the good old times" he says and I smile. We break apart and he takes a good look at me. "You're so grown up" he smiles.

"You're so old" I joke and he knocks my shoulder. We finally let go and Patrick appears at my side.

"You must be the Patrick Kane. I've heard nothing but good things" my dad says shaking his hand.

"Pleased to meet you. Thank you for all you do for our country" he says.

"Thank you young man. Can't wait to see you play tonight" my dad says and he smiles.

We catch up for a little but he had to go get his stuff from the last flight to the next one. I'll meet him at the game but honestly it was nice to just hold him again.

"Did you do this" I ask Patrick as my dad left.

"I might have said something" he smirks.

"You're the best. Thank you" I say pulling him into a hug.

The week that he's been here we've grown pretty close, really close actually. We were the same age and shared a lot of the same interests. I usually just hung out in his room and watched film or played with my cousins. Nothing more than friendly but more than a few times we have shamelessly flirted.

I can't deny I like him. He was really cute with the blonde curly hair and blue eyes. He had a great personality and if my uncle liked him enough to let him move in then he's obviously a great guy. But I don't know about dating a hockey player. There's a lot of problems that come with that. This is a hard business and I didn't want to make it harder for him or for me. He understood that.