19| Relax

Patrick

"Lets go Kaner! Skate hard" Jonny yells as I fly past the bench. There was three minutes left of over time and I was really hoping to end this now.

The penguins play keep away for a while in our end until Sidney Crosby gets the puck. He blows it past our goalie and the game was officially over. The crowd groans as we lose in over time and it was time for us to go home. Thankfully not a lot of people come here.

We do post game interviews and showers before I head back where I belong. I was in a crabby mood and it wasn't anyone's fault really, I was just upset I was on the ice when we lost. I get inside and see Will and Cam still up with a lot of energy.

"Play time" Cam asks and it does make me feel a little better.

"I'm sorry buddy, but I'm too tired to tonight. It was a long hard game and I need to rest before morning skate tomorrow" I say and he frowns.

"Come on" Will encourages his little brother and he gets Cam to waddle up stairs. I go downstairs and face plant onto my bed. After wallowing for a few minutes I get up and slip tonight's game tape in. I sit with a Gatorade in one hand and a pen in the other as I watch myself make mistake after mistake. Tonight was not good and I was not happy about it.

I pause the tape and throw my hands in my face. I rub my temples trying not to get worked up but it was a little too late to be doing that. I hear the door open and soft footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I said I can't play right now" I yell. I look up and see Danny there with a smile on her face. Immediately I soften and she smirks at me.

"Didn't really come down here to play but I can leave if you want me to" she claims.

"Please no, come here" I say opening my arms. She set the tray she brought down and climbs into my arms. I pull her into my chest and I immidiatly feel better.

"Wanna talk about it" she asks.

"I suck, there isn't anything else to discuss" I snort.

"You stop it right now, you do not suck" she insists.

"Lately I have been" I sigh. She grabs my face and pulls me down so I have to look at her. I look in her eyes and she knows she has my attention.

"Look at me" she demands. "You are not only the best rookie in the league, but one of the best players in general. You're not called great based off of one game so you sure as hell not going to be called bad because of one. Patrick, you can see the game in ways no body else does. You can do things with your hands that people in the hall of fame can only dream about. You are the reason the stadium fills up on any given night. And when you guys win I know for a fact that you had something to do with it. So when you lose don't take it so hard. Learn from it. Get better, don't get bitter" she says.

"We should have won though, and I blew it" I defend.

"You're not going to win every game. But I would hardly call tonight's loss on you because last time I checked there was five guys on the ice when that goal was scored. None a single one of them put the puck in the net and none of them kept the puck out either. You win as a team and lose as a team" she reminds me.

"How am I so lucky to have the brightest hockey girl as my best friend" I ask.

"How am I so lucky to have the brighter player on and off the ice as my best friend" she counters.

"We're pretty cute huh" I smile.

"The cutest" she giggles.

"I have to admit I do feel a lot better, but I'm still kind of sad" I admit.

"Lucky you, I know you so well so I brought some pick-me-ups down here with me" she smirks.

She had the batman trilogy in her hand and a carton of ice cream on the tray she always brings down. There was some massaging cream behind the ice cream and now I was intrigued. She puts the movie in and places the whole carton of ice cream in my lap with a spoon. She sits behind me and takes the cream with her.

"Take your shirt off" she instructs and I raise my eyebrow. "Do it and stop being creepy" she rolls her eyes. I take my shirt off and toss it to the side. She leans against the back of the couch and pulls me into her chest. I wasn't really sure about this but I wasn't about to stop her.

She starts massaging my neck and it kind of tickled at first, I'm not gonna lie. Then she started going deeper, really getting into the muscles. Her hands slowly move to the crease where my neck meet my shoulders and I let out a small groan as her fingers relax each muscles they touch.

"I heard that" she teases and I feel my face heat up. She moves to my shoulders and I feel them relax under her touch too. This felt so good, maybe a little too good. I close my eyes as they roll to the back of my head. I try to keep quiet but it was really hard. She moves her hands down my back not missing a inch of it. I lean into her as her hands press into my muscles. It was honestly blissful.

"Danny" I gasp as she hits a tense muscles.

"You have really good back muscles" she whispers completely ignoring my begging. "But you need to relax a little" she instructs. I try my best to relax but that's hard when I was thinking about her touching me in ways I've only dreamed about. Wasn't the only thing that was hard at this point.

She works her hands back up to my back then to my arms. She softy rubs my arms all the way down to my fingers. Where did she even learn this? Is this a college course because I might consider going after all. Her hands move back up to my back before staying there for a little. My neck was so relaxed I though my head was going to fall right off. She pushes me down some before her fingers appear on my chest. I watch as she slowly digs them into me. Perfectly placing them where it was most tense and working out any kinks. My chest rises and falls with her hand as we silently just act like this is normal for us.

"Why are you doing this" I finally ask.

"I want to make you happy" she claims.

"You do make me happy. No one puts a smile on my face like you do" I insist.

"Still, you do so much for me. You listen to me talk about how much I miss my dad, you help me around this place when Stan is getting treatments. You're letting me figure stuff out before we try us out. You've been nothing but great for me, I wanted to do something for you" she says.

"Well thank you, this feels amazing" I smile. Her fingers come up from my chest and cups my face. She leans over and places a kiss on my forehead.

"You should get some sleep" she suggests. She climbs out from behind me and packs up. I watch her closely as she fights to keep her hair out of the way.

"Good night Patrick" she says picking up her tray.

"Goodnight Danny" I reply. I watch her walk up the stairs and out the door. I let out a long breath I had held in that whole time and throw my hands in my face. Was she trying to get me to forget about the game? Because it worked. Maybe a little too well.